𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱┊𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

December 25th, 2022

December 25th, 2022

"Micah! C'mon, we're about to open the gifts!" Micah's mother called out for her son, hoping he'd emerge from his sadness and come join the family. He constantly talked about how much he missed them being together, and how excited he was to have a "full Christmas" again. Yet, he lay in his room, staring up at the ceiling hoping for a sign. A sign, that his love would come and give him some hope. 

Micah wasn't mad that he had to make the decision, or that he hadn't shown up. He was upset because he let himself get s involved in his web of drama once again. He was upset because when he looked in the mirror he no longer saw the man he had grown to be, instead, he was greeted by a love-sick teenager. Micah's heart ached and all he could concern himself with was Giden. 

He wasn't sure if he was okay or not if Lyssa had pulled him back to Colorado and forced him to be something he wasn't. He only cared to see if Giden was happy or not. It was a part of how their secret affected him. When it came to Giden, he could care less about himself if Giden was happy. The list of things he did to see Giden do that stupid smirk, for the twinkle in his eyes to spread across the room. 

"Do you think he's coming?" Micah asked, getting up and stretching as his mom stood in the doorframe. 

"Honestly, no. Micah, you're too handsome to stay locked up in this room over a boy who's not ready for you." Micah sighed, nodding and stumbling out of his room. He walked around the apartment he had lived in for years, finally seeing all of his family spread throughout the apartment. 

Micah walked around and greeted everyone, mainly focusing on his younger siblings. Even as a grown man, he was still mentally at the kid's table, which would never change. Being around his younger siblings always cheered him up. Maybe because they were funny and pure. They hadn't been destroyed by the world and it's bullshit yet. Micah adored that quality, he wished he could've preserved it in himself. 

The blonde boy was still visually upset, everyone could tell. That spec of hope and his never-ending smile had seemed to burn short. 

--

Giden scrabbled, trying to figure out what he could possibly wear to an event like this. He didn't know if Micah's family still adored him. He assumed they must resist him, for hurting someone as joyful as Micah repeatedly. He didn't care if they did. He would love to feel like he had a family again, a whole and pure family. Not tainted with lust and loss. 

Roxane emerged from the shadows of her hollow apartment. Just like Giden, her family had destroyed itself. She hadn't had a family for Christmas since the loss of her last lover. She took on their name, their status, and their goals. It's how she meets Giden.  

"Somebody cleans up nicely," Roxane commented, caressing his arm endearingly. 

"I see you're making the right choice," Roxane smirked to herself as their eyes locked.