Chapter 34: preparation

For the remaining days before the anniversary banquet, all I did was preparing for the banquet. Not like those things like taking classes stuff like but to buy customize dresses and such. The things that I would wear during the banquet.

Since I would be declared as queen that day, I should take note about that I should wear. That's why we are choosing what I wear thoroughly.

Axel also gives us the permission to spend as much as we want for the things I will wear for that banquet. And who am I to feel shy and decline it, right?

Having his permission, we choose the highest quality garment we got in the market which I have in hand, one of the gifts that Axel gave me.

Since we got the garment, all we got to do is choose some designs for the gown.  Because I'm pregnant, my gown needs to be loose to make sure my stomach can breathe.

After we sorted out the design for my dress with the seamstress, we met another people like the jeweler to make a customize jewelry that matches my dress like necklace, earrings and bracelets. When the jeweler heard that the palace would provide the gemstones for making the jewelries, the jeweler's eyes shine brightly with enthusiasm.

We also met the cobbler to make a shoe that matches the dress design, I also take note that I don't like high heels, that's why the height of the heels is not long. And it's not like I need the heels to increase my height since I'm quite tall myself.

And take note, all the people that customize what I will wear were very popular individuals. They need to queue to be able to make customize items from them that would take months or even years for your turn. However, since this is a notice from the imperial family, they don't have a choice but to obey and made their way here even if someone else got the reservation first.

I'm not into grandiose and flashy appearance especially for myself but can't be help since if I wore simply, the nobles would doubt, which is not a good thing. 

In high society, they judge their partner's level of love through the things they give to their partner. The expensive the price, the better. Nobles are mostly materialistic because of this belief. They are expose into this kind of environment making them into a materialistic and egoistic people. 

No wonder, they will easily bankrupt without their businesses. 

And in my opinion, the count and countess also have that kind of personality. They show their love and care to me through materialistic thing. However, don't get me wrong, not all nobles are materialistic to the point that they will choose things over people, though it's quite rare to see that kind of person in nobility. And the count and countess, for me, is one of those rare ones. 

Hah~ the privilege of being a royal is really good.

How good would it be if royals were always like this?

Having the authority to command anyone and living in luxuries. But the sad thing is, royals don't always get the time to spend time like this. They have to work to death to rule their country.

Of course, there is an exception when the ruler is a dictator, and nothing have the care to their country and just enjoy their luxuries.

They also need to be always flawless, as if there are some kinds of God that are perfect but in reality, they are just human, they also have weaknesses. Always having the attention on you is a stressful thing. That's why I don't like going outside. The feeling of eyes always staring at you is disgusting.

Despite Axel saying that it was not necessary for me to study about the noble's name that's going to attend the banquet, I still insisted. I mean, I hate studying but I don't want to stay still in there, completely ignorant.