Is she gone?

Derek's POV
I looked around at the scene. All you could hear was screaming and crying.
"Get her to the hospital as fast as you can!" I said to the man taking my patient to the ambulance. I turned around taking in my surroundings. There are people everywhere looking for family. Finding family,hugging glad to know their loved ones have survived. Which made me think about Meredith. I don't know how this happened, this being so in love with this girl. She's so beautiful and annoying which makes that much more appealing. She my everything. Looking around hoping to catch a glimpse of my love. She wasn't there so I turned around and looked that way. Nothing.
"Hey that's Meredith's jacket. Did you see her?" I asked in a very worried tone.
"The guy was like this when I found him. Maybe she moved on."
"Yeah." I said unsure. I had this ice cold feeling in my stomach. I don't know why. Maybe because I found her trying to drown herself this morning. Something wasn't right. I walked a little further and saw the little girl Mer had been walking with.
Maybe she knows something.
"Hey you!" I said loudly. She didn't even turn around. She was just staring at the water. Suddenly it fell in place all the pieces fit together. Oh no. I thought. I have to be sure. Sure.
I stopped when I got right in front of her.
"Hey do you know where Meredith is?"
Nothing.
"Use your words now. Do you know where Meredith is?"
Nothing.
Its no use I thought. She isn't going to talk. Then she pointed at the water. Then I knew Meredith didn't move on she was in the water. I ran to the stairs and jumeped in. I had to find her.
I had too.