My Fire

Hawks POV

Flying is the best feeling in the world, the sun on my face and the wind blowing through my hair. All my worries leave me as a soar above this massive city.

As I'm flying I spot a dark figure ahead, standing on the edge of a tall building. I smile as the figure becomes more clear. I fly down towards him and softly land next to him.

"Heyo!" I say, with my usual cheerful grin.

He smirks at me. That smirk sparks something within me every time I see it.

"Hey Birdie." He says. That nickname he has for me, he knows I hate it.

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" I say, crossing my arms.

"You did... But I ignored you."

I rolled my eyes. I feel a warm hand softly touch my cheek and bring my attention back to the villain. My face instantly goes hot as I lock my eyes with his. Those ocean blue eyes... I feel like I'm drowning in them.

"You're my little Birdie... What better a nickname to give you."

I can feel his hot breath as he gets closer, it's enticing. I'm not even paying attention to what he's saying anymore. He comes closer, his lips just centimeters away from mine. My eyes shut as he slowly kisses me. His lips are warm, like the sun on a hot summer day.

He pulls away, I open my eyes to see that stupid grin again.

"What...?" I say.

"You're adorable." He says. His low voice makes me melt.

"Shut up..." I say, looking away.

He laughs. God his laugh is sexy.

"Anyways- why did you ask me to meet you here?" I ask.

"What? I'm not allowed to want to hang out with my boyfriend?" He asks. Boyfriend, every time he says that my heart skips a beat.

"No, well, I didn't mean that, I just." I stutter.

"Don't get your feathers in a bunch, I actually have something to talk to you about." He says. I get a little nervous.

"What is it...?" I ask.

"Well, the league is kind of low on members... And I trust you, so I was thinking maybe you wanted to join us instead...?" He says.

"What...?" I expected this.

"I mean... You have said the hero society is flawed. So I thought we had the same views..."

"Yeah....but..." I can't do this, I'm a hero.

"Don't you think you'd be happier in the league with me? Then we wouldn't have to hide our relationship. We could be openly gay villains!"

"I guess...."

"So you will?" He says, rather excited.

"I'm sorry.... I can't." I say, looking down at my boots.

"Why not?" He asks, his tone hardening.

"I'm the number 2 hero.... This is my job and how I live my life I can't just leave...."

I look up and the once soft gleam in his eyes has been replaced with a flame.

"I just can't.... I'm sorry..."

"Tch... Whatever, forget I asked." He says sharply.

"Dabi..."

"I gotta go..." He says, turning around to leave.

"We can figure this out, our relationship has worked this way the whole time..." I say.

"Maybe I thought you'd want something more." He says as he leaves the rooftop, down into the building.

"Shit..." I stare at the door where he left, feeling a hole in my heart. Suddenly my phone rings, scaring me out of my trance. I stumble for my phone and answer it.

"Heyo!" I say, putting on my usual facade.

"Hawks!" A familiar voice barks at me from the phone. I hold my phone away from my ear.

"Endeavour-san! How's it going?" I say.

"I have no time for small talk Hawks, I need you to get your ass back to the agency at once!" He orders.

"What for?" I ask.

"I have a new assignment for you, a very important one. So I need you to come back immediately." He says.

"Alright, I'll be there soon" I sigh and then hang up.

I wonder what he wants. I jump off the building and fly off towards Endeavors agency. I get there fairly quick and land at the front doors. I walk in and people start running over to say Hi. A lot of them look like young hero's from the high school. I see this jumpy little kid with green hair, he's holding a note book and asking me about a million questions. Shoto comes over and holds him back.

"Sorry about him Hawks..." Shoto says in his usual monotone voice.

"No worries Shoto!" I say, patting the kids head.

The broccoli boy looks at Shoto with amazement.

"He knows who you are??" The boy squeals.

"He is my dad's partner."

"Speaking of Endeavor-san, where is he?" I ask.

"In his office."

"Thanks kid!" I say, walking upstairs.

I knock on Endeavors door.

"Endeavour-san~" I sing.

"Come in."

I open the door and he's sitting at his desk with two government officials. What the fuck?

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Your assignment. You are to infiltrate the league of villains and find out their plans, you will work as a double agent. You will have to give them information but only what we say you can tell." Endeavour says.

"What?? Why me?" I ask.

"Because you have the best under cover skills out of the top heros." He says.

"But-" I start.

"No buts, this is your assignment, now take it!" He says, holding out a binder to me.

I slowly take it from his hands.

"Those are the details for your assignment and everything we know about the league, you're going to have to find out where their base is and get in on your own, we cannot help you with this."

I sigh, this sucks. And after I already rejected Dabi.

"Fine, I'll do it, but I'm not gonna be happy about it." I say.

"That's fine, your job isn't to be happy, it's about getting your job done."

I leave his office, holding the binder close. I guess I'm going to have to text Dabi and tell him I'm joining the league.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Hey, I uh, I wrote for once, and I don't hate it! Yay!
I hope you kinda like it lol
Idk if I'll post too much, we will see
Anyways- bye!