My Addiction

Touya POV (for once)

I'm walking home from my job. It's nothing special, just a convenience store. I've been working some extra shifts because Keigo hasn't gotten a job yet. I arrive at our shared apartment and open the door. All the lights are off and it's quiet. Too quiet.

"Keigo?" I walk around looking for him.

I look in our bedroom. There's an empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the mattress. Still no sign of Keigo. I try to open the bathroom door but it's locked.

"Babe? Are you in there?" I ask, knocking lightly.

No response.

"Keigo..." I knock harder.

I hear a groan from the other side of the door.

"Hey... Can you let me in please?" I ask.

I hear the door unlock and I slowly step in. Keigo is laying on the floor, white powder on his face and another bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand.

"Keigo- what are you doing?" I say.

I'm shocked but I don't want to make him upset so I stay as calm as possible. I crouch beside him and gently take the bottle from his hand.

"Heyyyy baby~" He says.

I slowly sit him up and wipe his face.

"Can you stand?" I ask.

He nods so I slowly help him up. He puts his weight on me and I help him to bed. I lay him down and go get him a glass of water.

"Drink." I say, making him take the water.

He sips it slowly.

"What happened?" I ask.

He shrugs.

"Your life is getting better... You have no need to do this." I say.

"I can't help it..." He says.

I sit beside him. Tears start pouring out of his eyes.

"I really tried, I went out and tried to get a job but then I ended up buying drugs again!" He sobs.

"Baby..." I hold him close.

"At least you tried, that's all that matters right?" I say.

"I can't stop it, I can't stop thinking about it. I can't function without it." He says.

"We can work on it.... Next time we will go out together. I'll help you get a job and maybe some mental help... Okay?" I say, rubbing his shoulder.

"What? Do you think I'm insane or something??" He asks.

"No, no. You just need help dealing with all that's happened to you in a healthy way. You have trauma. You can come with me to my next therapy session." I say.

"Oh... Okay." He leans his head on me.

"Get some rest love." I say, kissing his forehead.

(Mini time skip)

Keigo's POV

Touya took me out of the house today. For some reason he feels the need to baby me. He takes me with him everywhere. Even work. I guess it's kinda sweet, taking care of me and all. But it is kinda annoying that I have to actually get out of bed.

Soon we arrive at where we are going. The mall.

"Why are we at the mall?" I ask.

"Gonna get you some new clothes. And buy them this time." Touya laughs.