an accidental present

[ Summary ]

[ Summary ]

-Eddie x Fem!Reader -

You and Eddie have been friends forever. He's had a crush on you for the longest time. 

You were completely clueless, though.

It's your birthday, and he's away for a gig. You didn't know anything till Steve accidentally spills the beans to you...

But things don't work out they way you want them to.

No warnings <3 just angst, lol

1.9k words

"Here, open mine," Robin says, putting a bag into your lap

A smile rested on your face as you pulled the tissue paper out. You were turning twenty. No longer a teenager. It was a good day for you, except your best friend wasn't there.

Eddie had some gig to go to for Corroded Coffin. He almost turned it down to stay there with you on your birthday. But you refused.

You told him no and begged him to go to the gig. After a couple of tries, he finally went. It was all because of you that Eddie had so much support in his band. And any other decisions in his life.

You were his number one, always. And that meant a lot to the male.

Eddie just loved you so much, which everyone seemed to know. The way he was with you was so obvious, and he looked at you like nothing else mattered. Robin had but a clue, yet the boys and Steve knew his feelings for you.

"Oh, rob," you lifted the picture frame up that contained a photo of the two of you.

Robin started to go on and on about where you guys were—always rambling on like she always does. Telling you about how long ago that photo was taken.

Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, and Argyle sat on the opposite couch from you. You were all a big group, always together. They all seemed to be in the clouds, but also enjoying your birthday with you.