Chapter 5

I was the first one to get home. Everyone else was probably at the party still. I headed to my room and jumped into the shower. I got out and quickly changed into running shorts a sports bra and one of the boys sweatshirts. I always wore their clothes because they were big and comfy on me and they didn't care. I left my hair down letting it air dry and threw on my glasses. I was laying on my bed scrolling through my phone when I heard a knock at the door. I hesitated to answer it. I really didn't feel like talking to Nate. Apparently I was pondering whether or not to open the door for a while because who ever it was knocked again.

"It's open." I shouted.

"Can we talk?" Gilinskys head poked through the now cracked door.

"Ya wha's up?" I waved him into the room and patted the spot next to me on the bed. "When did you guys get home?"

"Just now and it's just me, the guys are still out." Jack said sitting down next to me.

"What did you wan-"

"Why did you leave the party?" Jack asked not letting me finish what I was about to ask. "I thought you were just going to get a drink."

"Uh ya, I um just got tired so I headed home." I said kind of shocked from his sudden interest on what I do with my life.

"Weird timing.."

"What do you mean?" I gave Jack a confused look. What was he talking about.

"You know.. Nate mentions his girl, your sudden urge to drink, Nate goes to talk to you and then you suddenly leave." Jack stated so nonchalantly.

"So what are you implying?"

"Mads really? You may have the other guys fooled but not me." Jack said still not getting to his point.

"Just say what you think you know." I suddenly felt nervous. What was it that Jack knew? Did Nate tell him?

"When did you and Nate break up?"

"Break up? We were never dating" I said trying to play it cool.

"Ok don't hate me but I sort of caught you guys talking about when you were finally gonna tell Sam last month at Jenna's party." Oh shit.

"Oh um.." I didn't really know what to say.

"I didn't tell anyone don't worry. And if it makes you feel any better I was all for it. You guys seem really happy together. I started to pick up the way you guys look at each other it's actually pretty cute. But I have noticed the past week or two you guys haven't been the same. Especially last week, you guys didn't talk at all. So this is basically the reason I wanted to talk to you. I've known Nate forever and I know he would never but I just have to make sure..." Jack took a deep breath before finishing what he was about to say. He looked really nervous and it was starting to make me nervous. "He didn't like.. You know.. I mean.. You came through the door with bruises and ripped clothes.." I cut him off.

"He didn't do anything to me Jack." I had to reassure him. "Ya we were secretly dating or whatever and ya he did end it that night but he didn't touch me."

"You trust me right?" He said staring into my eyes.

"Of course."

"Tell me what happened that night." He whispered. He grabbed my hand and had his other hand rubbing small circles on my thigh. It wasn't in a sexual way it was more comforting and I took one deep breath before I told him everything.