Chapter 21

"Are you sure you are going to be ok?" Sammy asked me while he was throwing his clothes into a bag.

"Sammy it is just one night." I reassured him as I was laying on his bed tossing the basketball into the air and catching it.

"But two full days. We leave early tomorrow then we wont be back until late Sunday."

"Yes I am well aware of the plans. Relax. I'm a big girl." I laughed. Sammy, Nate, Johnson, and G were all flying to New York for the weekend to go to one of their old coaches wedding. I on the other hand was stuck here by my self. Normally I wouldn't mind but knowing that Detective Cooper still needed to talk to me was making me uneasy. I knew he didn't want to talk about the accident. So every time he has tried to come over I would make up and excuse and tell the guys to have him come another time.

"How are the ribs?" Nate asked walking into Sammy's room.

"Better." I said sincerely.

"And the leg?"

"Still broken." I said lifting my leg revealing my ugly cast. Sam and Nate both let out a small laugh.

"Are you going to be ok by yourself?" Nate asked.

"Yes, guys I'm fine."

"Maybe I should just stay home." Nate said.

"Nate." I said placing my hands on either side of his face. "I am going to be ok." I laughed. He leaned in and kissed me.

**

I was laying in my bed wide awake because the boys made sure to wake me up and say goodbye. And also ask if I was going to be ok a million more times. They left about an hour ago and I was already starting to feel lonely. I was about to try and fall asleep again but I jumped immediately at the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mads! Are you ok? Is he there yet?" I heard Cassidy screaming into the phone.

"Cass? What are you talking about." I said calmly. She was making me nervous.

"Cooper. He called me, I don't know how he got my number but he called me." She spit out in one breath. I cringed as usual hearing his name.

"And?"  I wanted her to get to the point.

"I'm on my way over. He knows your brother and the guys are gone." I immediately got this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"How far away are you?"

"Two minutes."

"Ok hurry." I said hanging up.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

I heard someone banging on the front door. I rushed to the door as fast as I could for a girl with a broken leg to get the door for Cass.  When I opened it I realized it wasn't her.

"Mads." He said smiling. He pulled me into his chest and kissed my forehead. I used all my strength to push me away from him.

"What are you doing here Cooper." I snapped.

"Feisty. I like it."

All of a sudden Cassidy burst through the door running into the back of Cooper.

"Shit." She mumbled.

"Perfect. Now that we are all here lets chat." Cooper cheered. "Shall we." He said pointing to the living room. Cassidy and I sat on the couch next to each other while Cooper sat on the chair across the room.

"What do you want." Cass demanded.

"Hmm. There is a lot I want." He said smirking. Chills ran though my entire body. "Listen girls.. You killed my brother, so now I have you in the palm of my hands. You do as I say and I wont rat you girls out."

"We killed him and we can kill you too." Cass yelled.

"Cass calm down." I tugged at her. She was basically hanging off the edge of her seat.

"Yes sweet Cass, listen to Mads." Cooper said still smirking.

"What makes you think we will listen to you." I finally spoke to him.

"Because you want to stay out of jail." He retaliated.

"It was self defense. You guys kidnapped and raped us."

"You guys murdered."

"What do you want us to do?" I huffed.

"Mads?" Cassidy yelled at me. I ignored it and focused on Cooper.

"Good girl. First I will be staying here this weekend. You too of course." He pointed to Cassidy. "Second, I need you to break up with your little boyfriend."

"What? Why? What does that have to do with anything?" I choked out.

"I cant have him calling you this whole weekend, checking up on you." He told me.

"That wont stop him. And even if it does my brother will be calling anyways." I snapped.

"But it's more fun this way." Cooper laughed.

"You don't have to listen to him Mads." Cass sighed.

Within seconds Cooper jumped out of his seat and covered my face with a rag. My vision became blurry and all I could hear were Cassidy's faint screams in the background. I tried to push him away but I was becoming weak and with that I blacked out.