Chapter 8

It's been around 4 or 5 weeks since the incident happened. The guys have been really sweet and supportive to me but I just wish I could walk into a room without them questioning me like.. "How are you feeling today?" or "Do you need anything?" or even "Do you want to talk about it yet?" .. I know they are just trying to be there for me but I can't take it anymore. I just want things to go back to normal and for them to stop babying me. Also because of what happened, Sammy has only become more protective of me which doesn't really help with the fact that Nate and I are back together. Now this just makes it harder to tell Sammy.

I got out of the shower and grabbed the first pair of sweatpants I found. I threw on a sports bra, my glasses and pulled half my hair up in a clip, letting my bangs fall loose on my face. I walked down the stairs to see the same thing I see every morning. The guys are spread out in the living room and kitchen all doing their own thing.

"Morning!" Johnson said extra happy this morning. I just smiled back.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Jack G asked with the biggest grin. They were all smiling looking at each other then back at me.

"Why are you guys acting so weird this morning?" I asked staring at all of them. They all continued smiling at me. Then all of a sudden two figures came charging through the front door. Once I realized who they were I dropped my phone and jumped into their arms.

"Mads!!" They managed to scream at the same time.

"Oh my god. What are you guys doing here?" Natalie and Brooklyn are my absolute best friends from all the way back home.

"We haven't seen you in a year and realized that just wasn't right so we booked a flight out to LA to spend time with our best friend." Nat said.

"When they say best friend they are referring to me." Sammy joked pulling them both into a hug.

"You wish Sammy boy." Brooklyn laughed pulling away from Sam's arms and lightly hitting his chest.

"Aw c'mon you know you missed me."

"All day every day." Nat said kissing his cheek.

"Oooo I actually missed all of them." Brooklyn said pulling Johnson, G, and Nate into a hug.

"Squad is finally back together again." Jack G said.

"LA aint ready for us all." Nate said.

"What' the game plan for today?" Brooklyn asked.

"Um.. well I actually didn't know you guys were coming, I have to be somewhere at 12." I felt guilty saying. They just traveled all this way and I cant hang out with them right now.

"We'll come with." Nat said giving me a weird look. Usually we do everything and go everywhere together.

"Uh.." I hesitated.

"Where do you have to be?" Nate asked just as confused as everyone else.

"Just an appointment." I stated and starting walking up the stairs to get changed. "I'll be back soon." I could hear them whispering and knew they were talking about me.

"She's been so distant to us lately. She doesn't tell us anything anymore." Sammy said sounding upset.

"Just give her time. She went through a lot." Nat said.

"She just needs time to recover." Brooklyn said. How did they know about me? I sat at the top of the stairs continuing to listen to them talk about me.

"How long is that going to take though."

"Nate!" Brooklyn snapped at him.

"What? I just want the Mads I know back." He protested.

"She acts like she is fine but we all know she is really hurting inside." Jack G said sounding concerned.

"Where do you think she's going right now?" Johnson asked them.

"Maybe she is going to talk to someone." Sammy added.

"Like who?" Nate asked confused.

"Therapist?" Natalie questioned.

"Is that so bad? Maybe that's just what she needs. We all need to be there and encourage all her decisions." Brooklyn said. I had enough of their pity talk so I got changed grabbed my purse and headed down the stairs. As I entered the room they are stared at me.

"I not going to see a shrink I have a doctors appointment. I don't know why you guys think I'm completely broken." I rolled my eyes and walked out the front door slamming it behind me.

"Mads wait." I heard Nate calling after me. "Why are you going to the doctors?" I just looked at him and he stared back. My eyes began to water and I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. He gave me a reassuring look like he had a feeling tat he knew why I was going and he pulled me into a hug. "I'll come with you."