Chapter 13

Nates POV

"Perfect, now we have no more secrets huh Nate." Mads said. Sammy just turned his back towards her and left the room.

"Sam." I shouted after him. I wasn't sure what I was about to say but I knew I needed to talk to him. "Bro."

"I'm not mad man." A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Sam sat on the edge of his bed and rested his head in his hands.

"It just sort of happened. I didn't plan for it to but I'm not mad that it did ya know." I confessed.

"That's not what I care about Nate." He said standing up in front of me.

"Then?" I questioned confused.

"Why wouldn't you guys tell me? Did you really think I would flip out? I mean ya I may be protective over her because she is my little sister but really? It would have shocked me at first but I would have been happy for you guys Nate.. If you told me." A look of disappointment was plastid on Sam's face. I immediately felt extremely guilty.

"Man, I'm sorry." I really wanted to make sure we were cool but his phone started to ring interrupting our conversation.

"It's my mom." He said. I nodded and he left the room.

Mads POV

I sat in my room by myself for a while thinking about everything. The Jack's were right, I had to make this right. I just didn't know how I was going to do that. I feel like nothing has been going my way lately. I have been raped, I have been drugged, now I'm pregnant, why is everything bad happening to me. I know that's no excuse for my random outburst I just had, putting everyone on blast and possibly wrecking a friendship between the two boys I love most. But I don't know what to do anymore. The past month or so I have been walking around like I am doing okay when the truth is I'm not. To be honest I feel like I'm drowning and nobody can see me struggling. Nobody knows what I've been going through or what exactly I had to go through that night. I'm keeping everything bottled up and I am slowly bursting at the seems.

I walked into Sammy's room hoping to talk to him and Nate together.

"Guys." I knocked on the cracked door peeking my head through. Nate was laying on Sam's bed but shot up when he saw me enter.

"Where's my brother?" I questioned. But like on cue, Sam comes walking in looking at his phone.

"I owe you both an apology." I started. "Nate I'm sorry for calling you out for only caring about me. You were just trying to make sure I was okay and you did what you had to do by telling Jack. I know you guys would do anything and everything for me. But sometimes I just feel like all you guys feel like you need to know everything about me and that's why I flipped. I know stupid reason." I said looking down at my feet. "And Sam." I paused before looking back up at him. "I'm sorry about everything. You are my brother, I should have told you everything. I should have told you what happened that night as soon I got home that morning. I should have told you about the pregnancy as soon as I found out. And I should have told you.. No I should have asked if you would have minded if I dated one of your best friends. I promise I wont keep anything from you anymore." I blinked back the tears forming in my eyes and sighed one more "I'm sorry."

"Madison.." Sam sighed after a while. He used my full name. Nobody ever calls me by my full name.

"Sammy I-"

"You are going back to Omaha." Those 6 words that came from Sam's mouth made my stomach drop.

"WHAT." I gasped.

"I just got off the phone with mom. C'mon Mads, with everything that's been going on.." He paused walking towards me. I took a step back hinting at him I didn't want him to touch me. He shook his head and sighed again. "You need to be home with mom. She will know what to do. I cant keep an eye on you all the time and clearly I haven't been doing a good job considering everything."

"You don't need to keep in eye on me. I'm 18 years old. I can handle myself." I spat. My heart was racing. Was he really sending me home? He cant.

"Can you? You were rapped and drugged. Dont you think you should go home? At least for a little while."

"No, I don't." My eyes started to fill with tears. "That stuff can happen anywhere. You cant just kick me out. Please." I said, my voice started to become very shaky.

"There is nothing I can do, I already talked to mom." Sam said. He started walking towards me and tried to pull me into a hug but I just backed up again.

"Sammy." I whispered and he gave me a sympathetic look but didn't say anything. "Nate?" I questioned I wanted him to back me up but he repeated Sam's sympathetic look. "Please." I said to both of them. But still got nothing. The tears were now streaming down my face as I looked from Sam to Nate back to Sam then back to Nate. I shook my heads at both of them as I bolted out of Sam's room.