Chapter 15

Nate's POV

"Hey, what time is Mads coming home?" Sammy asked.

"She texted me a few hours ago saying she would be home soon." I responded.

"Where did she end up going?" G chimed in.

"She had a doctors appointment right?" Johnson adds walking into the kitchen grabbing an apple and sitting next to me at the table.

"Uh huh. I think she was going to Jessa's after tho." I said shoving a spoon full of cereal in my mouth.

"Jessa? Damn.. I haven't seen her in so long." G thought out loud.

"Snap out of it G." I grabbed my bowl and headed to the sink. I patted Jacks back snapping him out of his daze. Clearly he was thinking about Jessa. Jessa and Jack have had a thing for each other for as long as I can remember. We all know it. The sad thing is each of them are completely oblivious to it so nothing has come of them.. yet.

"I didn't know they stilled talked."

"Mads hasn't talked to anyone besides us the past month or so. She's still her best friend tho." Sammy threw out.

"I think its good for her to hang out with her friends. Ya know? She needs things to get back to normal." Johnson said.

"A little to late for that." I spat. Sammy's eye grew wide then he looked down quickly, guilt covered his face. "Sorry bro, I-.. I didn't mean it like that."

"It's cool. I just-" Sam was interrupted by his phone ringing in the other room.

I pulled my phone out to see if Mads texted or called me. But I had nothing. I decided to shoot her a text to see when she is coming home.

*To: Mads*

Hey babe you heading home soon? I haven't seen you all day.

I hit send and put my phone back in my pocket.

"WHAT?.. WHERE?.. WHEN?. BUT HOW?.. Ok.. Which one? Ok we are on our way." I head Sammy screaming on the phone in the other room. The guys and I ran in to see if he was ok.

"What's going on bro." G asked.

"We have to go." Sam said in a panic, grabbing his keys and wallet off the counter and rushing to the door.

"Hey chill." Johnson grabbed his shoulder. "Fill us in first."

"It's Mads. We have to go now." Sam yelled running to the car and starting it up. The three of us looked at each other and sprinted to the car to join him.

"Slow down dude, you're gonna get us killed." Johnson yelled from the back. I watched Sam grip the steering wheel a little tighter keeping his eyes on the road.

"Where is she?" I whispered to Sam. I was starting to get nervous. He looked away from the road and gave me a strong sympathetic look. "She's ok right?" I choked out.

"I honestly don't know." He sighed. "They didn't tell me much."

I checked my phone hoping that she texted me back. But I had no new messages. Sam pulled into the hospital parking lot and my stomached immediately dropped. My heart was pounding in my chest and sweat started to build on my forehead. We all jumped out of the car and ran into the hospital.