03

m a d e l y n

If only it was Sunday forever, I wouldn't have to go to school.

It was officially the first day of my senior year, and I was spending it with my favorite people, Nate and Archer.

They spent a good portion of the morning at golf yesterday, but we really made the most out of our last day of summer after that with a chill day at our house. We even finished that last movie for our marathon.

I only had one class with each of them today, and I was dreading Pre-Calculus before lunch.

"You have Pre-Calc with Norton right?" Nate leaned against the lockers beside mine as I arranged my books.

"Yeah. You too?"

He nodded. "And I think we have English together too."

Guess I had two classes with Nate.

"Nice," I grinned. "I was kinda hoping that me, you and Arch could be in the same Chem class, but it didn't work out."

"Well, we're in the same class. You just wanted to show-off your smart ass and go to AP Chem instead of staying in regular Chem with me and Arch."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes. "Remind me which one of us is taking AP Physics again?"

"Not Archer, that's for sure," he joked, making me laugh with him.

I shut my locker door and walked with him to Archer's locker. For some reason, his was so far away from ours.

"So why are you with me and not your girlfriend right now?" I questioned.

"Because The Wires always spend the first day of school together. And every single day at school after that," he reasoned.

Archer, Nate and I came up with that name when we were five. We noticed that we all had a "y" in our middle names, so we called ourselves the y-ers. Everyone else misinterpreted it as wires instead, so we just rolled with it.

"Hey, Miss Student Council rep, now that we're seniors, think you can move my locker next to yours this year?" my brother threw his arm over my shoulder.

"Just make a request in the office. I'm sure some freshman would love to switch lockers with you," I suggested.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine."

"They'll be like "Oh my gosh, I can't believe I got the Archer Nixon's locker!" and you'll be able to hear it from a mile away," Nate teased him.

"Shut up," Archer laughed, punching Nate's arm lightly. "Where's your new girlfriend?"

"That's what I asked him too," I told my brother. "Look at that, we really are twins."

"She comes to school late all the time," Nate answered my brother's question.

Archer nodded his head slowly. "Yeah, whatever."

We walked together to class, and the two dropped me off at first period before heading to their own classes.

Thankfully, it was only the first day of school, and teachers didn't feel heartless enough to give homework yet.

At least, I hoped so. I was only finishing up with Pre-Calculus. I still had two other classes to worry about.

"What are you thinking about now?" Nate asked me as we walked out of class.

"How I want it to be Friday already," I sighed. "I know I'm gonna regret saying this when we're old and saggy and reminiscing on high school, but damn, I wanna go home."