24

m a d e l y n

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't go out with Nate on my birthday, not because we were fighting or because of everything with his grandma, but because they had a game.

Knowing my brother, he was happy to be doing what he loved on his birthday, but I wanted to be doing what I loved too. Or maybe even who I loved.

Nate had posted this cute photo, greeting Archer and I, that I saw when I first woke up. He'd already greeted me at midnight, right after my brother and I greeted each other, as per tradition, and then he proceeded to greet Archer, who was right beside me, but I still appreciated the post.

 He'd already greeted me at midnight, right after my brother and I greeted each other, as per tradition, and then he proceeded to greet Archer, who was right beside me, but I still appreciated the post

I had lunch with my mom at that pasta place like she promised me, and then I watched Archer and Nate obliterate the other team on the court pretty much right after with Alexia.

After the game, the three of us went out to celebrate not only Archer and I's birthdays, but also their win with dinner at one of the Clarke hotels and a trip to the hotel's game room.

When Archer and I got home around nine thirty, we blew out the candles on our cakes and enjoyed them with our parents. I even got to smash my brother's face into his cake, which my mom scolded me for because she said it was a waste of cake, but my dad laughed it off and gave me a high-five.

Nate was being lovey-dovey whenever he could all day, not that I was complaining, but as much as I liked it, all I could think about was the next day because Nate promised me we'd go out, just the two of us.

"Happy birthday, baby," he grinned at me, walking into my room and towards me. I could see him through the reflection in my mirror as I checked my outfit. It was almost ten in the morning, the time he said he'd pick me up.

"My birthday was yesterday," I laughed, wrapping my arms around him loosely once he got close.

"No, I could've sworn it was today," his face turned serious, and he pretended to think before a wide smile broke through his face as I punched his chest playfully. "I'm kidding, of course I knew that, but we're still celebrating today."

I smiled. "Okay, I'll allow it."

"You know how to get to Long Beach, don't you?" he sat on my bed, waiting for me to finish getting ready.

"I think so... are we using my car?" I scrunched my eyebrows together, wondering why he was asking me that.

"My car," he answered.

I put my brush down. "So why are you asking?"

He smirked, pulling his car's key fob out of his pocket. "Cause this is yours today."

My jaw dropped in shock before I tackled him on the bed and screamed in delight. "No fucking way. Are you serious?"

"I know how much you wanna drive it," he laughed at my reaction, holding me tightly. "Consider it a birthday gift."