"Flashback pt.2" "family"

Status: active
Location: on leave from work
Countdown: one week until deployment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️: *mentions of death and family issues that could be triggering to some.*
———————————————————————-

"We'll leave you be to rest up for a bit until dinner is ready." Dad said as he and Alex left my room closing the door behind them.

I gave them a nod before turning back around looking around my old room. I set my bags down in-front of my closet and went over to my bed and flopped down on it with my legs hanging off the side as I stared up at the ceiling.

I started thinking about mom, it was weird being back home and her not being here, it's only been eight months, I honestly haven't had time to properly grieve, it's been non-stop work ever since I left the funeral and went back to base to go on deployment, like I said, my job is high-demand. Out of the twelve months in a year I'm gone around 6 to 8 months out of the twelve. I was surprised at how moved-on both my dad and Alex seemed to be about mom's passing, they haven't said a word about it, which I did just get here I guess.

Maybe I'll ask them each individually how they're doing. Especially Alex. Poor kid.

I got up from my bed and grabbed my duffel bag and took out a clean shirt and a pair of sweat pants, I grabbed my shampoo and conditioner and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

A very much needed shower might I add.

*Katie's bathroom* ⬇️

I turned on the shower and hopped in

I turned on the shower and hopped in. Letting the water run down my back as I used my hands to press against the wall in front of me as I faced towards the shower head. I looked down at the shower floor as I closed my eyes. I was glad I was home, getting to spend time with Alex and dad but something told me that this wasn't going to be a pleasant trip, my dad has just acted so odd towards me since I've arrived and I don't know why. My dad has never been good at expressing how he feels, he just stays quiet until you either ask him why or he just blows up out of nowhere and gets mad. Talk about toxic behavior. But again, he wasn't like that until mom passed, when she passed something changed in him.

After I washed my hair and dried off in the shower with a towel I got out and combed through my hair and put some moisturizer on my face, I blowed dry my hair and put it up in French braids, I always did that so that when I took the braids out, my hair would be wavy.

I put on my shirt and sweat pants and walked out of the bathroom and threw my dirty clothes in a laundry basket outside my bathroom door. I opened up my duffel bags and hung up a dress that I brought with me incase we went out to eat some where nice. The rest of the stuff in my duffel bags was just plain clothes and the one bag had all of my military gear. I kept those bags packed incase I got called up in the middle of the night for a mission, that way I wouldn't be rushed to throw everything back in my bags, I could just pick them up and go.