"Of whiskey, and wise, wise men"

- Status: active
- Location: Alejandro's HQ
- Song inspo: 'The devil wears a Suit and Tie' by Colter Wall

*Warning, this chapter contains the following: Alcohol mention, mature themes, language, crude humor, and other mature contents that could be triggering. Please take care.*

⚠️The content within this chapter is NOT suitable for children, reader discretion is advised⚠️

It was early the next morning when Katie decided to go on a early morning run. She woke up at 5:30 a.m so super, super early so she could slip out without being noticed by too many. 5:30 a.m isn't that early for her as that's what she is used to being in the army and needing to be prepared for whenever her next mission will be. Today was Katie's day off, in fact everyone got the day off, even the Los Vaqueros, because of the intel we got from Valeria, Alejandro and Graves are working with Laswell to pin-point where the missiles are, we should be heading out tomorrow morning to go get them, but that all depends on what Laswell says and of course what shepherds orders are.

But today is a relaxing day, except Katie wanted to make sure she got her usual routine in before even thinking about sitting down.

I laced up my running shoes and made sure my hair was braided to my liking, I had to do my hair a certain way for running because if I put it up in a bun or a pony-tail it would never fail to fall out, so I just did one simple braid. I had on my usual running attire and I headed out the door to the base running track that Alejandro had informed that they had, they also have a weight-room that I'll probably check out later.

*Example of Katie's running outfit⬇️*

I walked out of the barracks room and towards the track, it was located behind the main building which made me feel a little safer since it was close to where there would be more people incase something happened, it's just better to be cautious si...

I walked out of the barracks room and towards the track, it was located behind the main building which made me feel a little safer since it was close to where there would be more people incase something happened, it's just better to be cautious since I am only one of the few women here in the midst of many men who haven't seen a woman in over two months.

I opened the gate to the track and looked around noticing there weren't any people around, the track was lit up there were a few light-poles surrounding the track so that was nice, now I won't trip over anything in the pitch-black dark. I set down my water bottle next to the gate as well as my bag that had just a few necessities for after my run, such as a towel to wipe my self off with after getting sweaty and a few other things as well. I don't listen to music when I run because I'm not as aware when I do, besides, I like to listen to the sounds of nature, like birds singing and such, unfortunately for while I'm here at this base it's more like listening to the sound of chopper blades approaching or planes taking off and landing, or trucks coming in and out of the main gate.

I warmed up then started on my run, by the time I had started it was 6:04 a.m. I ran at a controlled pace, focused on my breathing. Thoughts ran through my head, wondering how long this mission would be, I thought about Ghost, what would our relationship be now? I thought about Graves, how it just felt like something was off, like he's hiding something, it really bothered me, not much I can do about it.