"Still Here"

Author's Note: Hello everyone. I apologize for somewhat abandoning this fic. I honestly got burnt out writing for it but that's not the only reason, I dislike being vulnerable online but things have been difficult in life for me lately and I've also started college again and it's been a lot mentally but I am trying. I do love creating story's on here but it does take low priority in comparison to "life stuff." Also, everything going on in the world lately has me stressed aside from everything going on for me personally. I cannot promise updates will be regular for this book but I will do my best.
Love you all, thanks for your patience.

//

Katie awoke slightly alarmed when she noticed in the night Simon had hooked his arm around her neck in a way that if he were to be woken suddenly he could quite literally harm her neck maybe even lethally. His grasp was not only close around her neck but it was tight as well, as if he was alert for anything even though he was sound asleep.

He must be having a rough night cause earlier she was woken up to him shifting uncomfortably in his sleep.

Without making too much noise, she knew any sudden move would cause him to wake up suddenly so she decided to stay as calm as she could as she tapped his arm lightly.

"Simon.." She whispered as she lightly tapped his arm to which there was no response.

"Simon?" She asked again a little bit louder as he did begin to stir.

"Hmm.." He mumbled as he opened his eyes looking over to see that he had the woman he loved in a chokehold as he was sleeping, he quickly moved his arm from her and sat up on the edge of the bed.

"Are you-..alright?" Katie asked as she sat up in bed, pulling the covers down as she wiped the sleep from her eyes.

"I should've slept on the couch.." He mumbled under his breath, barely audible. He was angry with himself that he had managed to do that in the middle of the night, knowing he almost unintentionally harmed her made him more weary of himself. I don't deserve to be with her if I can't control my emotions and flashbacks.

"What does that mean?" Katie asked as she observed him move over to their bedroom door and start to leave the room.

"Don't worry about it love, just go back to sleep." He assured her but that wasn't enough for her.

"Simon it's 6:30 in the morning." She almost chuckled under her breath.

"Then sleep in love, no need for you to be drowsy all day because of me keeping you up." He tried to assure her but he was deflecting having a conversation about what just happened.

Katie didn't respond as she watched Simon exit their room and walk out into the open area. With a sigh she moved herself to the edge of the bed, slipping on her warm fleece slippers as she stood to her feet and moved over to their door and peaked out to see where Simon went. She could see he was sitting on the couch, blankly staring off at the wall in-front of him.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this too, babe.
She thought to herself knowing they both dealt with a little ptsd regularly, one comforting the other when they are awoken in the night flooded by memories of past dealings. Or when one has to break the other out of a trance when old memories flash back suddenly with no warning. But they both comforted each other, the two of them understanding what the other was going through more than anyone else would, and they'd get through it together.

Katie slipped into the kitchen as she prepared a pot of coffee, making sure to prepare a blend that Simon liked, he liked his coffee black whenever he did drink it, usually it was always tea he preferred but Katie took note that today would most definitely be a "black coffee" type of day. As she poured their cups she looked back and Simon hadn't moved an inch.
Must've been a bad one.