Chapter 2: Natalie

After a few weeks, Nathan told his mother that he'd had a chat with a lecturer at uni who was TG and had gotten some useful tips and some names.

"TG?"

"Yes, transgender. She's given me the name of a speech pathologist who can give me speech training."

"Speech training?"

"To feminise my voice."

"I see."

"And a physical trainer who will help me with exercises to increase the size of my buttocks."

"Oh."

"To achieve a more feminine look."

"Oh."

"Also a doctor I can see about getting hormone treatment."

"What????"

"The right hormones will soften the lines of my face. Again for a more feminine look."

"But don't they make men grow breasts?"

"Yes, but in the time frame, any chest development should be fairly minimal."

"I'm not sure I like the hormone idea, Nathan."

"Mum, it's not permanent. I'll give it a try and see how it goes."

. . . . . . . . . .

Roger was a geophysicist and a senior partner in a logistics support firm focused on the oil industry. He'd been semi-retired for about a year, but still went to work on projects when he felt it was necessary. His company was involved in projects all around the world. About halfway through the mother/son training program, Roger went away to work on a project in Africa for a month. When he returned, Joyce and Nathan put on a demonstration for him to show their progress.

Watching his dressed-up, made-up, done-up son promenade in front of him, Roger felt his conviction ('it will never work') falter.

"I have to say, you do look good, Nathan."

"Natalie, Daddikins (gawd!). When I'm like this, I'm Natalie."

"You are okay with this, aren't you, nothing quirky?"

"No worries, Dad. Mum and I are having great fun."