Chapter 10: next year's pageant

Natalie and Luke were lying in bed sharing an apple, having gotten married three months ago and living in the flat that they had received as a wedding gift from Natalie's parents.

"You've eaten some of my side."

"I have not, you're just holding it wrong."

"You know that pageant is coming up in a few weeks."

"Sort of our anniversary."

"I wonder if Mum's going."

"Ring her."

Natalie picked up her phone from the bedside table.

"Mum, are you going to that pageant this year?"

She listened and then turned to Luke. "Mum, says that they should have sent me an invitation as the reigning queen, but it hasn't turned up."

"Yeah, Mum, give them a ring. Luke and I would like to go," she smiled down at her husband.

"Oh, you greedy thing. You've eaten it all while I was on the phone. I'm going to get another one."

"Get a pear this time."

"What? Two apples?"

"Don't be a smarty, and cover yourself up. You'll shock the neighbours."

The phone rang as soon as Natalie got back.

"Yeah, Mum."

"Oh, you are going to love this, you two."

"Hold it, I'll put you on speaker."

"This is the conversation I had with the boss lady of the pageant."

"Marian, this is Joyce Crowne. My daughter, Natalie, has not yet received her invitation to this year's pageant as the reigning queen."

"Oh, oh, I see. I thought that . . . er."

"She's quite keen to come and bring her husband, Luke."

"Her husband???"

"Yes, the young man who escorted her to last year's pageant. They fell in love and got married recently. They are very happy."

"Oh, er . . . how nice."

"The invitation?"

"Yes, I'll see to it immediately. Er . . . Joyce?"

"Yes."

"Er . . . she will come as Natalie, won't she?"

"Of course, what else?"

"Good one, Mum, it looks like your prank did work. Congrats."

"I'll say it worked," muttered Luke leaning his head on Natalie's thigh and starting to fiddle with her penis.

"Stop it."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing, Mum. Just a very annoying husband."

"Rubbish. My Lukie could never be annoying."

"You tell her, Joyce love," Luke called out.

"God, you two. I'm hanging up."

Luke dragged her down into the bed, laughing, "We love teasing you."

Natalie tried to say, "You pair are awful," as she was being tickled and kissed.

"Anyway, sweetheart, I have to have a fiddle now because it won't be there in a couple of months."

"No, it won't, but you'll want to fiddle with the replacement, won't you?"

"Of course."

"God, what we girls have to suffer at the hands of horrible fiddling husbands. Come on, kiss me properly, you horrible husband."

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Natalie squeezed into her pageant dress. The bum, a little tight and her breasts pushing out over the top. But it looked fine. "Real, real fine," observed Luke with feeling.

The couple were well received. They went around to each of the entrants, encouraging them and helping them to relax. Natalie made a short speech, finishing with, "Ladies, this is your day in the sun, make the most of it, have fun, show off, and most of all enjoy the experience."

Marian came over to Joyce and shook her hand. "You may have made us look a little foolish, Joyce, but I'll tell you one thing, we could not have made a better choice last year. That young lady is an absolute delight."

Joyce and Roger just beamed.