CHAPTER 5: JUST ANOTHER PARTY

VANESSA

I placed a bunch of flowers down on Colin's grave and looked at the headstone. The headstone wasn't here the last time I visited before I left San Francisco, just a wooden cross that had a gold plaque with his name on it.

Colin Anthony Garrett.

There wasn't a story about how good of a person he was, how kind and loving he was to those who were lucky enough to be close to him. There was only his name... His birth and his death.

Little his mother knew that she wasn't the only one that wished I never came into his life. He would still be alive if I hadn't. I guess it's something I have to forgive myself for... but I'm not there yet.

"I'm sorry."I whispered. I walked away from his grave and towards the waiting car. It was one of those grey sky days with little drops of rain coming down now and then. I was waiting on it to pour. "Thank you for waiting, Noah."

"Of course, Mrs Austin."He smiled and opened the car door for me. I slipped inside and we took off towards home. The mansion... I guess it's home for another day.

"Mr Austin called. He's running behind but he assured that he will be home soon."Noah said and looked in the mirror at me.

"Okay."I replied. Jeremy's been at the office all day dealing with some last-minute business before we leave tomorrow. He said he wants everything in order, but I think he's worried about leaving the company again.

The party I was dreading, being around so many people congratulating us for being married a second time. They'll all know what we went through last year. Will they feel sorry for us or will they secretly blame me like Miss Garrett did?

I wasn't happy with either.

"Wow!"I heard his voice from behind me and I turned around. Jeremy was leaning against the door frame with his shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows, watching me from across the bedroom.

He wasn't ready to leave of course since he was late home, but I didn't mind. I know work is important.

"Do you mind helping me with this?"I asked while holding the necklace around my neck. I've had my single years so I know doing a clasp on your own is no easy task.

I turned around as he walked towards me. I felt his presence, his fingers gently skimming my skin as he took the necklace from me."Nothing says I love you like jewellery."

My lips quirked upwards into a smile and I chuckled lightly."I remember those words every time I wear this."

"And now these."Jeremy replied. I looked in the mirror and saw that he was holding an open box with diamond earrings sitting inside. I turned around and looked at them."Do you like them?" He asked.

"Yes, of course. I love them."I smiled and removed my earrings before taking the new ones from the box. I turned around and looked in the mirror as I put them on."Thank you."

"They look good on you."Jeremy moved my hair back from my neck and kissed me. His lips pressing against my skin made me tingle. The feeling I get when he touches me is one I can never get enough of. I suddenly felt giddy.

I turned around and placed my hands on his shoulders and slipped his suit jacket down to the floor. He moved his face forward and he kissed me hard. I pulled back with swollen lips."You should get ready, I think we're going to be late."

"I don't mind being late."He replied. Jeremy glanced down at me undoing the buttons of his shirt. I hadn't even realised that I was doing it."I don't think you do either."