CHAPTER 8: THE AFFAIR

VANESSA

I heard the sound of footsteps towards the living area before Tom and Ava appeared with grins on their faces. I was happy to see them, but I was feeling a little nervous about being more exposed than I would like.

"Hello, Darling,"Ava said and embraced me."It's so good to have you two home again..."She pulled back from the hug and smiled."Back where you belong."

"It's good to be back."I replied. I hugged Tom next.

"It's good to see you, Darling."Tom said.

"You too. Thank you for coming by."

Unannounced, I thought but didn't say. I didn't even mind that they showed up without telling us, family does that. I just wish I had found my underwear first.

"We didn't know that you were coming by. We were just in the middle of unpacking."Jeremy stated. I was surprised that he was so chill about them showing up, especially since we were in the middle of sex and he didn't get to finish.

"You know what your mother is like, Son. You can't keep her away."Tom said.

"Not from my Darling boy. I'm so glad to have you home again."She kissed Jeremy on the cheek and I chuckled seeing his expression change. Ava walked towards the kitchen and looked around."This kitchen is gorgeous. Vanessa, you're going to love cooking in here."

"That's what I thought. But my husband has other plans."I looked at Jeremy and smirked before looking back at Ava."Jeremy wants to hire a housekeeper to do the cooking for us. We don't agree on the matter."

Jeremy stood with his hands in the pockets of his jeans."Well, it's more convenient. I don't see why not."He walked around the couch, searching the floor for my underwear.

"It leaves more free time for you two to start your family."Ava said and I looked her way in surprise. She winked at me before walking towards the living area.

"You don't need to be concerned, we have enough time for that. Not that it's any of your business." Jeremy said.

"Yes, He's right."Tom said."Darling, this isn't any of our business. When the time is right we will be blessed with a grandchild. You just have to be patient."

"Not that patience is her strong suit."Jeremy smirked at his words. I thought to myself, he's one to talk. He must get it from his mother because patience isn't his strong suit either.

"I can't help but be excited. My son is married and he's happy, of course, I'm waiting on the babies to come. I just hope you won't keep me waiting too long."She looked at me and smiled and I smiled back before looking at Jeremy.

His family are waiting on a grandchild. Ava expressed her impatience and that's exactly how I felt too. Impatient because we've been trying and it hasn't happened yet. Why hasn't it happened yet?

"Your dress is gorgeous, Vanessa. Who is the designer?"Ava asked while paying attention to the pretty button detail and the belt around my waist.

"Um, It's not designer. It was my Mom's."I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear and smiled.

"Well, it's lovely."She smiled back."Anyway, we brought some dinner because we thought you two would be hungry..."Ava trailed on as she pulled containers from the brown take-out bag and set them on the dining room table.

Jeremy sneakily placed my underwear in my hands with a mischievous grin on his face. I excused myself to the bathroom and quickly cleaned up and put them back on.

When I walked back into the living area it was silent and I looked around to see where everyone had gone. I noticed the door to our large garden was open and Tom was standing outside. I walked out onto the balcony and he looked up when he heard me approach.