1. Fashion Gala

London, UK

Khushi Kathie Gomez has successfully completed surgery again. It's been three months since she got into an accident and gained her memory back. Her father was back from India too a few weeks ago, getting her the needed information. Although the information saddened her she is Khushi, and she can never jeopardize her happiness and be sad. She doesn't hold grudges from her past. She was happy knowing at least there was someone who took her in for a year, taking care of her and owning her responsibility.

Who does that these days?

Although they had a reason, especially Payal, still they were too kind to accept a total stranger. Even if Payal claimed to know her.

She remembered her conversation with Payal a few weeks ago. The information her father had given her had her phone number.

"Hello!" she greeted the other person on the phone.

"Hi, Doctor Khushi," Payal doesn't know what else to call her. When she was with her, she treated Khushi as she should be treated, being protective of her, although she is aware Khushi is almost 7 years older than her.

"Thanks for taking me in when I was suffering from amnesia, Payal! No one would do that these days," Khushi thanked her from the heart. Payal could have taken advantage of the situation, and demanded money from her after what she had done. But she didn't. She simply helped wanting nothing in return and all for what?

Just because she was a Doctor and saved Payal when she was on the verge of death?

"No need of thanks, Doctor. I did what I could. If I'm alive today, that's only because of you!" Payal had always admired Khushi and her nature from the time she know her. Although for Khushi, Payal was just another patient.

"You know what, Payal? I don't even remember the faces of my patients once I'm done treating them. But you? You remembered the one who treated you and saved her when she was on the verge of dying. You're a very good human, Payal. Thank you so much! You have my respect," Khushi was genuine when she said that. She will always be grateful to Payal Gupta for saving her, taking her in, and protecting her in all the ways she could. It's just that she seemed stubborn, making it tougher for Payal.

"I know for you, I'm just another patient. But for me, you are my god. No patient can ever forget their doctors who are no less than gods. And when I got the chance to show my gratitude, I didn't back off. You don't need to thank me for that, Khu-" She stops herself from uttering the name and continues, slapping her forehead, "I mean, Doctor!"

"You can call me Khushi. I don't mind having one more friend," Khushi chuckles at the slip Payal made. She must have been very close to Payal. She must sit with her someday and know whatever tantrums she has shown to Payal. Handling her is tough for anyone!

Her dad did the best job of raising a troublemaker like her. She knows that for him, she is his whole world. His profession is on the other side and his princess is on another side.

Now two more persons had been added to her list, Shashi and Payal.

She had a conversation with Shashi who looked nothing less than her father in showing love, adoration, and care. After which she is conversing with Payal.

"No. I'll go for Jiji if you don't mind. You're elder than me. I know I called you by name before, but that was necessary. Now that it's no more, can I call you Jiji?" she waits in impatience.

"Sure, you can!" Khushi chuckles again accepting her offer.

"Princess, time for lunch!" Her caretaker, Stella had come to call her and she nods dismissing her.