11. Drama

Shantivan,

Raizada Mansion is shining in glory, for, today is the engagement of their son with Lavanya Kashyap. It is so beautiful from the outside but from the inside, it isn't as beautiful as it should have been.

For, Raizadas and Kashyaps are blaming each other and fighting with each other while Lavanya stood in the corner, all ready to get engaged when early morning news broke all their dreams apart.

Lavanya can still hear Manorama scream so loud that everyone had come downstairs.

The early morning news at 6 AM shocked them.

"Many in the business industry were invited by Raizadas for their son — Advay Singh Raizada's engagement with Lavanya Kashyap, the daughter of Devynag Kashyap. Just after the invitations were out, we've seen a video speculating around social media."

A video was played on the TV in which Lavanya was seen talking to Advay.

"I'm pregnant with your child, Advay!" Lavanya cried, pushing him on the chest.

"Calm down, Lavanya. We'll take care of it," Advay said, taking her in his arms, and consoling her.

And the audio was muted further as Advay was seen caressing her back, comforting her.

Anjali screamed in shock looking at Advay and Lavanya in each other arms and that Lavanya was pregnant, "What?"

She couldn't believe what she heard. Invitation cards were sent in Advay's name and the clip recording was with Advay and Lavanya. It shocked the whole Raizadas and Kashyaps.

Devnag Kashyap, who was staying in Shantivan for engagement preparations, screamed in anger, "What the hell is this news?"

His daughter was supposed to get engaged to Arnav, isn't she? He ran to one of the corners, examining the invitation card.

It had been written grandly, 'ASR, Advay Singh Raizada betrothed to Lavanya Kashyap.'

Advay was expressionless and Lavanya was trembling in her place. Their truth was out finally. But who took the bloody video?

Devyani dismissed Devnag's words and murmured, in disgust, "Lavanya is pregnant with Advay's child?"

Lavanya was ready to defend herself, "No, it is all a lie."

For the past two hours, the same argument had been going on. With Devyani questioning Advay and Lavanya. While Advay stood as if he was deaf, Lavanya, in the span of two hours, had over a hundred times said it was a lie and that someone was framing them.

Devnag only supported his daughter, fighting with Devyani while Devyani was not ready to accept Lavanya into her family. A woman who could get pregnant before marriage is not a woman with morals. It'd be an insult to the Raizadas and their reputation. She wasn't allowing Lavanya to be part of their family anymore.

Such a woman was unwanted. A shame to their family. She didn't want that. Devyani concluded. On the other hand, cards are already distributed and their reputation would be at stake anyhow if the engagement doesn't happen. Devyani was in dilemma after an hour of argument and another hour passed getting persuaded by Devnag to let the engagement happen for the sake of their reputation.

Nobody noticed Arnav entering the Mansion, looking like a greek god in the charcoal grey suit with cologne as fresh as it was a few hours ago.

Lavanya was trying hard to make everyone believe that it was a lie, "Believe me, guys. It's a lie. Why would I sleep with Advay when I love ASR?"