4. Innocent?

"Khushi babe," Ziya called out as soon as her friend came near her. They were here for just some early dinner, and Khushi being a nature lover, had excused herself, to roam around the garden in the hospital. She'd have let Khushi roam if they weren't reminded by the call that they have some unfinished business. So, she looked for Khushi and saw her sitting on the bench beside a man whose face wasn't clear to her. She had called out for her and now she was here, walking with her foot as if it was hurt.

"What's wrong with your foot?" She couldn't help asking after looking at her slightly limping. It wasn't noticeable at the first but as she came near, it was clear enough.

Khushi rolled her eyes, twisting her mouth, looking at her as she looked at her foot, "My foot twisted and was about to fall, but he saved me."

"Who, the man with you on the bench?" Ziya inquired, raising her brows.

"Yes," Khushi answered, walking with her inside.

"Who is he, btw? Looked like I saw that physique somewhere," Ziya wonders where she saw him.

"Didn't you see his face?" Khushi asked the obvious question.

"Nope, babe," Ziya denied. Well, she could only see his side profile and his face wasn't visible except for his physique which looked quite familiar to her.

"Well, he is Arnav Singh Raizada," Khushi simply states, as they walk out of the hotel, and hops in their car.

"Arnav Singh Raizada?" Ziya wanted reassurance as she sat beside Khushi and the driver started the car. They planned to watch web series they left in the middle, Ziya insisted they should complete it since they have no other work. Well, that was the unfinished business Ziya was talking about and Arjen had called her to remind them about the web series. Even Arjen and James were waiting for them and now they'd watch as soon as they reach home.

"Hey, do you mean Harvard's Arnav Singh Raizada whose hostel fees you've paid?" Ziya guessed and hoped her guess would be right.

It indeed is! As Khushi agreed, "Yes. The same one."

"Wow. After a long time, uhh!" Ziya commented remembering the 18-year-old fallen face of Arnav Singh Raizada when she informed Khushi had gone already. The poor boy's excitement was fallen to the ground immediately after she said it and she still remembered the face he made.

"Yeah. Indeed. Anyway, why are we discussing him? Did Arjen say anything about Dhruv?"

"Dhruv? Oh, yeah! Aunty seemed to calm down and now Dhruv and Myra are coming to London to stay with the family," Ziya, in her excitement to watch the web series, completely forgot the other thing Arjen said about. Arjen had earlier messaged in the fourever group that he had something to share about Arjen and he'd soon tell them once confirmed.

He did tell her when he called before and she forgot the whole thing!

"That's great! We'll be able to take care of her," Khushi sighed. Arjen was always worried from the time he got to know his sister was pregnant. Not that Dhruv wouldn't be able to take care of her but he had to work too. He's worried for Myra no matter how many servants Dhruv had in his home.

Now that they would be here, Arjen would be in peace.

....

Night,

Orchid Hotel,

It's been hours since Arnav bumped into Khushi and since then, his mood was good. That night Arnav went into a deep sleep, and it is one of those rarest nights where he did not get any nightmares. Khushi's presence had always brought that change in him. Otherwise, his nights are full of nightmares and sleeping paralysis. Occasionally, he'd be an insomniac too. Not getting sleep even if he want to, thinking of all the unwanted memories that came creeping up from his past.