10. Until it lasted

Hospital,

"Welcome to hell, Ms. Gupta!"

A blurry smirk formed on his equally blurry face.

Khushi was resting on the chair, after a complicated surgery. She had no more appointments or any further surgeries. While resting her head on the headrest, she didn't realize when she slipped into a slight slumber, her head aching.

Soon enough, she dreamt of a blurry face who was smirking at her. She frowned in her sleep, her memory was blurry.

A sweat drop dripped down her forehead. Another equally disturbing blurry face she had seen. The voices were resounding and unclear.

"I don't want to see your face, you'll be working from the guest house today."

She frowned more. What were those? Is she that woman in the flashback? Who was that man? Why was she crying?

She struggled with the memories, breathing hard, sweating before opening her eyes, jerking hard.

Yet another one played in front of her eyes. As if it was a movie. A movie with bad quality. Voice clear. Faces blurry, still.

"Get out!"

A male. Stronger tone. Loud enough to break the walls. The voice seemed familiar, surprisingly. Whose voice was that? She didn't know. She couldn't recognize it. Her head ached. She did what was best. Stop thinking about it. 

These Memories in some parts of her brain are stressing her. Putting a stop to such blurry flashes, she gets up.

She decided it was time for her to go home. Better she sleeps on her fluffy bed than sit her when she had no appointments.

As she drove the car towards her house, she saw a couple kissing each other on the side of the road. Another few bits of memories came across her mind. Of her and her ex-husband.  They were happy, weren't they? Until it lasted. Memories roamed around her head, she went into flashback.

The day that destroyed her relationship forever. Not that she regretted it. Never ever! That was one of the best decisions of her life.

Khushi had just come back from her medical camp, ending things early, wanting to go to her home and relish a few beautiful moments in her husband's arms before getting back to her duty again.

With a smile on her face and a spring in her steps, excited about the surprise she was about to give him, she unlocked the door.

As if that fate was against her plans, just when she unlocked the door of their flat, all her plans were left through the open space the door provided for free, when she walked in.

There sat her husband, Jay with a woman beside him. Her husband was just about to initiate a kiss with another woman — who was not her.

The bag in her hand had fallen down, breaking the silence in the room.

The couple was alerted. Jay was shocked at finding his wife a few days earlier than she was supposed to come. In fact, he thought she'd be late for a few more days.

Khushi looked at him with something akin to loathe. As if he's not even a human. He gulped down, afraid for his married life, not able to meet her eyes. Khushi's gaze didn't weaver. She was just looking at Jay, all the hurt was throwing thousands of needles through his heart.

"Khu-" Jay tried to talk. Khushi looked away, taking the fallen bag in her hand, she walked to their room — a room that would be just his from now on.