Back

Freya's P.O.V.

I lead Legolas up the familiar steps and took off his blindfold. I grinned at him, happy to be back. "What are you grinning at?" Legolas asked me, smiling himself. I shrugged, and moved my hands around me. "I don't know..Just happy to be back, you know..." I said, walking over to one of the trees and waiting for Father to appear.

Father brang up the others, and took off their blindfolds. Apparently Galadriel was expecting us...Why did that not surprise me. Hello, Grandmother. I said, through my mind. Hello, little one. I could hear the hint of a smile in her voice. I'm not little! I protested, but I still found it funny. Hm, we shall see about that, little one. She replied, before she and Celeborn addressed the others.

"Eight there are here, but ten there were set out from Rivendell." I cut him off. "I'm here Grandfather." I walked into the group, and grabbed Legolas's hand. "Well, that excuses you. Where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him." I bit my lip, and buried my head into Legolas's shoulder. He fell...A Balrog...I said, breathing heavily.

Galadriel sighed deeply. "He has fallen into shadow. The quest stands on the edge of a knife, stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains as long as the company stays true." She looked at Legolas and I. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now, and rest, for you are weary with toil and much sorrow. Tonight you will sleep in peace."

I walked up to Celeborn, and said "I was wondering if I could speak with you." He looked at me. "What is it you seek the answer to my dear?" He questioned, as we walked slowly. "How do you know whether you're in love or whether it's just a passing phase?" He looked at me curiously. "It depends on the person. Why?"

I shrugged, blushing. "Just curious..." My lie sounded pretty, even to my own ears. "Is this about the Mirkwood prince?" I looked at him. "Nothing ever gets past you, does it?" I shook my head. "No. But, I can confirm one thing. I looked into his thoughts...maybe not such a good idea!" He shuddered. "And why not?" I asked indignantly. "I think he's alot more serious about you than you think."