Chapter-6

Meaning: If you want something with all your heart then even the heaven will help you get it.

Stefan's POV

If this is what she wants then, I guess I will have to respect it. But this is far from over. I will get her back. I screwed up. Big time. But, I will not let her just slide away like that. Not now. Not Ever. But first I need to get Conner out of the picture.

"Don't even think about it." James said.

"Why not ? He is getting in my way of getting her back. I have to get him out of the picture." I retort.

"See... That's your problem. You are thinking of her as a thing. A prize. In which you and Conner are competing and she is the trophy. Like a trophy wife. Whoever wins will get her. And your fault her is that you are treating her that way. You are acting like an animal. Whoever is the fit male will get the female. We are humans, Stefan. And as much as it hurts for you to hear it, this is her decision. Not yours not mine. And you have to accept the fact that she might not choose you."

"No ways...."

"Yes way. Look I know you are still in love with her. And she loves you back too. But this is her decision. If you do anything against Conner, your plan might backfire."

"Ugh....."

"That's love my friend. It's gonna hurt and it's gonna pain. And it will take tests as to how far you can go for her. If you truly love her, she will choose you. Don't worry. But the real question is.... do you want her bad enough ? Or you just want her cuz you went through hell without her ? Do you want her bad enough that you can sacrifice your everything just to see her smile ? Because I know Conner would. As much as you hate to admit it, he is everything you aren't keep the money aside. He is caring. And can stand up for her. He doesn't give a shit about what anyone thinks cuz, he loves her. She is blind to it. And do you remember the last time you stood up for her ? Because I surely remember the last time she needed you to stand up for her. Stefan, give it time. Stop pushing her. And please keep your possessiveness inside your pockets."

"What do you know about love ?" I snap, irritated.

"I don't. Your right. I don't. But I have seen it. And I saw it between you two.... Stefan..... love is not when you wake up to the person next to you. Love is when you wake up alone and picture her next to you. Because that's the first thing you get in mind when you wake up. Love is not when you get possessive. Love is when you see other guys flirting with her and then they realise they can't have her, cuz she belongs to you. Love is not when you love her. Love is when you fall in love all over again every time you see her smile. And then you think 'How did I get so lucky ?' Or 'I love her so much'. Stefan, do you remember the last time you saw her smile ? Her genuine smile."

"No."

"Excatly."

"What am I supposed to do ?"

"Go back to being the old Stefan. The old carefree 'I don't give a fuck' Stefan she fell in love with. Not this guy who just waltz into her life back and haywired everything."

"Fine. For her, I will."

"Not for her. I just don't get it. You are ready to change for her. Don't change yourself for someone else. No one is worth enough. Even her. Believe me. And if you are going to spend the rest of your life with her, then what's the point in changing ? How long has it been since you played strip poker ?"

"I remember playing at the college frat party."

"Excatly. Go back to being your old self cuz he is the one that knows how to live and let loose. Yet is the sensible one. You know, between you two she was the reckless one and you were the sensible one. Now she has changed. I think it's time for you to change her back. Her old reckless self. That's only one way to do it."

"How ?"

"You be the reckless one."

"I really hope this works, man "

"There's only one way to find out."

"Let's get this show on the road. Hope, get ready for a shock."

"That's my boy "

"James, I am not gay"

"It's just a phrase. You wound me, Stefan."

I lay back onto my chair and go into thoughts about how to get her back. Hope, here I come. And you are gonna love this change in me.