Chapter-18

Hope's POV

When I reach our apartment at Park Avenue, I am left in total awe. Everything. I mean, everything, is the same. Nothing has changed. It's like yesterday only I left. Leaving it like this.

A tear slips down my cheek at the thought that when I left I would never see it, this, again. When I left Stefan I thought it was for the good. I never thought that it would take such a turn of events.

Flashback.

"Happy First Marriage Anniversary" I shout and jump on his back putting my legs around his waist as he was doing his tie. He bends a little in front because of my impact and groans taking me off of his back.

"You are not a child anymore, Hope, grow up. You are so childish. Ugh.... this is the reason I don't take you to any events. You just don't act like a woman. I don't know why I even married you in the first place. Now move, I have to go to the office today and discuss some.... Never mind you won't understand anyway" he grumbles. I feel numerous tears sliding down my cheeks already. He looks at me and turns and start towards me. He takes a step and I step back putting my hands up in order to tell him to stop.

I turn to leave, but then think against it and slap him hard across his face and throwing in the present I had chosen for him and wrapped up myself and said, "Happy Anniversary, Mr. Stefan. I hope your work goes well". He advances again with the gift in his hand but I slap him again on his other cheek and shake my head at him.

I go up to another room and lock myself in. I hear some shattering downstairs but I don't pay attention to anything. He has done a score this time. After a good 10 minutes I hear the front door slamming shut. He left. He didn't even try to apologize. Who the hell works on their marriage anniversary. He probably must've forgotten.

But he has that Wilson deal today. He has been working too hard for it to loose because of this little.... bickering. He can't loose it beacause of his mood. I get up hastily searching for my phone in the entire house and when I see it, it has a crack on it, a huge one but if I press on it hard enough I might be able to just make it work long enough to send a text. I can't buy one now since if I do by the time he gets the text he would already be in his meeting.

I start pressing keys.

"I am truly sorry for today. Come home after you finalize your deal and we will celebrate. We have the whole day. I have kept a suprise for you"

As I press 'send' a drop of blood oozes down my thumb and forefinger. Looks like I cut myself. I wrap a bandage around it and prepare for him to come home.

Only he never does. The last memory I had of him was us fighting.

End of Flashback.

"I forgot our anniversary that day" a voice says from behind me. Almost.... broken.

"I know" I said.

"But.... you... I.... you.... appologised to me on the text. I thought I was off the hook."

"I didn't want your meeting to fail because of your grumpy mood"

"I found your phone, after I came home"

"I left it there so no one could find me"

"I had shattered a vase but by mistake it landed on your phone and it broke. I am sorry. But what actually caught my attention was the blood on the phone. What happened ?"

"I will take the guest bedroom" I said changing the subject.

"The hell you will. Answer my question" he says sternly.

"It was broken. If I had gone to get a new one, by the time it was up and running you would already be in the meeting. So... I thought if I pressed hard enough the message would go through. But I didn't realize I had started bleeding and had cut myself. Can I take the guest bedroom ?"

"Ugh... Hope. Every time we bring our past up I become the asshole. I am sorry and no. We will sleep in our bedroom. Old one"

"Stefan.... too many old memo...." before I complete the sentence I am thrown over his shoulder and we are headed to our old bedroom.

"What are you doing ? Put me down!"

"That is our bedroom. And you are never leaving this house again, Hope. Now I believe we have some babies to make don't we ?"

"Dont you dare !"

"Oh but I already did"

He smirks and throws me on the bed proceeding to take his shirt off.