Chapter one

My boyfriends
                              Best friend

It was Christmas and me and my boyfriend, Mason Mount, had finally sat down together to watch a movie together.

He had been so busy with work and never seemed to have time to spend with me as when he got home from training he would have to dash back out again.

"Yeah uh just put it on" Mason told me while he was staring at his phone screen.

"Okay... everything okay?" I asked him as he was furrowing his eyebrows at something he was reading.

"Uh yeah... I'm so sorry, but I'm gonna have to go" He said, quickly coming to give me a kiss on my forehead and dashing out of the front door.

I sighed as I sat there alone, once again. I picked up my phone and texted Masons best friend, Ben Chilwell. He was always there for me and often came round when Mason had to go.

He agreed to coming over, apparently only because he had nothing better to do, but I never took his sarcastic texts seriously.

I sat on the sofa under a blanket trying to hold my tears back as I heard the front door open and a familiar voice echo through the house.

"Helloooo" Ben said, shutting the front door behind him as I came out of the living room.

"Oh, hey" I said as i wiped my tear stained cheeks while he wasn't looking at me.

"Where's mase?" He asked while I walked down the stairs towards him.

"Oh he had to uh leave to do something" I said, scratching the back of my head as he tilted my chin up gently.

"Have you been crying?" He asked me, looking at me with concern as I gulped hard.

"No, no" I said, turning away from him as I went to sit down at my kitchen island.

"Yeah that explains why you have tear stained cheeks" He said, sitting opposite me.

"I just get upset when he has to leave all of a sudden, you know"  I said, with a sigh as he quickly came to my side and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry Megs" He said, stroking my hair, which I liked.

"See this is why I don't like telling people what's up, I don't like people feeling sorry for me" I said, honestly, making him smirk, which he knew annoyed me. "You know that smirk annoys me" I said with a small giggle.

"You love it really" He replied with a wink, making me roll my eyes. "What would cheer you up?" He asked me, I looked in thought for a second.

"Have you ever made brownies?" I asked him, to which he shook his head at. "So, you've never had a Chinese, never watched Harry Potter and now this?" I asked with widened eyes.

"I actually had a Chinese with Dec like a few weeks ago, really not worth the fuss" He said, shrugging.

"Well, we will have a Chinese and i will show you it is worth the fuss" I told him, with a smirk.

"It's a date" He said, going pink when I gave him a look. "Of course, not like that" He said, with a cough, making me giggle.

"Are we gonna make these brownies today?" I asked him as I went into the cupboard to get the ingredients.

"You're gonna make them I'm watching" He said, holding his hands up.

"No you're helping" I said, with a smirk, making him scoff.

"Fine, what am I meant to do?" He asked me. I passed him the flour.

"Put as much as the recipe... just here says in the bowl" I told him as I turned away to get milk out of the fridge. "Oh my god" I said, turning around to see he had poured the entire packet in the bowl.

"What?" He asked me, genuinely clueless at what he'd done.

"You've put the entire bag in, it said one hundred grams" I said giggling.

"Oh sorry" He said, genuinely looking upset.

"Awh Ben" I said, bringing him in for a hug.

"Have I ruined it?" He asked me, I smirked at an idea I'd had.

"No, you just need to get rid of some of it" I said, chucking a handful of flour at him.

"Oh is that how you play?" He asked me, doing the same back to me.

A/n
first chapter!