Chapter four

It was now Christmas Day, me and Mason still weren't too happy with each other, but at least someone else was coming round.

"When is Ben getting here?" I asked Mason while I was sorting the dinner out.

"I don't know" He said, not taking his eyes off his phone, and not bothering to help me with making the dinner.

"Helpful" I said, with a sigh. I don't know why he was mad at me since I told him to forget about what happened, if anyone should be mad it should be me.

"What are you in a mood for?" He asked me, making me scrunch my firsts in anger, I hated it when people asked me that, especially if I was 'in a mood' because of them.

"Because I'm making an entire dinner all on my own here" I said, sighing as he just looked at me like I was being stupid.

"You know I'm not a good cook, I'd just mess it up" He said, shrugging. I just rolled my eyes as he always uses that as an excuse to not help me with any cooking.

As he said that, the doorbell rang and I felt relived since I didn't have to be with Mason on my own much longer.

"Hey, merry Christmas" Ben said, giving both of us a hug.

"Merry Christmas bro" Mason said, plonking himself on the sofa, which always annoyed me. "Do you want a game of fifa?" He asked.

"Nah I'm alright, I'll help Megs in the kitchen" He said, which shocked me slightly as I wasn't expecting him to say that. He followed me into the kitchen and shut the door behind him.

"Thanks, he wouldn't help me" I said, sighing as I went to go check on the things that were on the stove.

"It's no problem, let me guess, the excuse was that he'd just mess it up?" He said, almost like a question.

"Yes, it was" I said, trying my hardest not to cry in front of him. This was by far the worst Christmas I'd had since my family weren't able to come stay with us and I was in an argument with Mason over something I told him to forget about.

"Are you okay, your hands are a little shaky" He said putting his hands, on top of mine, which just made me burst into tears. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, immediately pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not having the best Christmas so far" I said, wiping my tears away quickly, I hated crying in front of people.

"I know, Masons just being a dick head, but don't worry that's why I'm here" He said, winking at the end which made me smile. "Oh by the way, I bought you something" He said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a box.

"Ben, you didn't have to" I said, knowing it was something expensive, looking at the box he gave me.

"Just open it" He said, smiling. I looked at him and opened the box.

"Oh my gosh, Ben this is beautiful" I said as I looked at the silver necklace which had my initial on it 'M' I had always wanted one of these necklaces, but how did he know?

"I know how much you love necklaces since you still haven't taken the one that Sophia bought you for your birthday off" Ben giggled, making me roll my eyes.

"Well thank you, I love it" I told him as I tried to put it on myself, but was failing at it.

"Here, let me help you" He said, moving my hair away and putting the necklace on for me. He smiled as he looked at me, making me return it.

"When will dinner be ready? I'm getting hungry" Mason asked, poking his head around the doorframe.

"Soon" I said, still not looking at him as he shut the door again.

"Hold on why is he mad at you?" Ben asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I asked myself the same question, I told him to forget about it, if anyone should be mad it should be me" I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"Really, you deserve better" Ben said, making me sigh since I knew he was right.

"Ben, he's your best friend" I said, looking down at my feet.

"And? I know he can be a real knob sometimes, yeah he may love you, but does he treat you the way you deserve to be treated?" He asked me, I knew he was right, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it.

"Dinners ready" I called to Mason as I got three plates out of the cupboard.

Mason came through to the kitchen, but we didn't speak, we sat down at the table and none of us spoke.

"This is awkward, are we just not gonna talk?" Ben asked us, to which I just looked at my plate, not eating anything.

"What is there to say?" I said, still just staring at my plate.

"You don't have to say anything, Mason I think you should apologise" He said, making me kick him under the table.

"What? Why?" He said, which just shocked me, he was acting like he hadn't done anything.

"Well you did say you'd date Ekin-su instead of your girlfriend basically" Ben said, making me look at Mason for a split second.

"Yeah, I asked if she was mad at me and she said just forget about it and got all moody with me" He spoke, making my eyes fill with tears.

"Bro... she's just made you this diner basically on her own and I haven't even heard you say thank you, but instead you call her moody" Ben said, which just made me want to crawl in a hole and never come back out.

"Ben, really it's okay" I said, still just looking down at the floor.

"But it's not though" Ben said, making Mason sigh. I couldn't just sit there, so I left the table and went upstairs.

After a minute or two I heard the door open while I was crying into a pillow.

"I'm sorry I just couldn't stand the way he was talking about you while you were sat there" Ben said, sitting next to me, wiping my tears away for me.

"It's okay, thank you for sticking up for me" I said with a weak smile, but I really did appreciate what he did.

"Don't thank me" He said, pulling me in for a hug.

Mason knocked on the door, despite the fact it was open, he came in once we both looked at him.

"Look, I am sorry, I admit sometimes I'm a knob and I shouldn't of called you moody because you have every right to be angry at me" He said, siting in between me and Ben.

"Well, thank you for apologising" I said, sighing with a slight smile.

"Oh and thank you for cooking us dinner" He said, giving me a hug while I pecked his cheek.

A/n
Not sure what to do for the next chapter, but we will see.