Chapter seven

"We really need to get going, love" I heard Mason shouting to me while I was just finishing my hair.

"Just a minute" I shouted back downstairs. "Are you sure I'm dressed right for this, seems a bit fancy" I said as the dress I was wearing was very fancy.

"Yes, trust me" He told me, I sighed and followed him out to the car.

"So where exactly is this dinner?" I asked as I put my seat belt on.

"It's at the ivy, the one we've been to before" Mason said, starting the car.

"Oh, good, I liked it there" I told him, him smiling as he turned a corner.

"I uh think Bens gonna be there" He said, seeming hopeful for some reason.

"I don't care, he's not taking to me" I said, sighing. I didn't want to speak to Ben and I assumed he didn't want to speak to me

We soon arrived at the restaurant, I thought Ben would be bringing Joana, but I saw him stood there looking miserable without Joana.

Mason helped me out of the car, but all I could do was stare at Ben and think about how good he looked, he had his hair lose without gel, a button up t shirt with the first two buttons undone and black jeans.

"What are you staring at?" Mason asked me as we neared the restaurant door.

"Oh, nothing" I said, faking a smile, we got to the table and the only seats left were one opposite Ben and one next to Kai, strangely, Mason quickly took the one next to Kai.

I sighed and sat down opposite Ben, I could see his eyes were on me, but I just kept looking away from him.

After a few minutes of an awkward silence, I heard a message come through on my phone.

Ben
Are we just not going to
Speak then?

"No, we're not because I don't want to speak to you" I said, folding my arms across my chest and looking at the floor.

"Well, I just want you to know that I am really sorry, and yes Mason asked me to apologise, but I really do mean it, the way I spoke to you wasn't really okay" He said, which made me debate wether to forgive him.

"Doesn't change the fact that you're still dating someone who treats you like dirt" I said, sipping the drink in front of me.

"No, I'm not, I uh caught her cheating on me, so that will be the end of that" He said, looking at his feet.

"Oh, Ben I'm sorry" I said, genuinely feeling bad for him as he was a boy who deserved te world.

"Don't be" He said, with a smile that I knew was forced. "I'm going to see my folks during the winter break, how about you come with me?" He asked, since our families were very close, which is something not many people knew.

"Yeah sure, I haven't seen my family in some time" I sighed.

"Well it will be nice to spend some time with you" He said, with a smile that didn't seem forced.

"Yeah, and you" I said, sipping my drink.

A/n
I'm excited for this book ngl