Chapter six

A couple of weeks had passed and I had barely seen Ben, he hadn't come round to our house, which wasn't normal, and also said no without a reason why when I asked him to come over when Mason had to go out.

"Have you seen Ben at training?" I asked Mason, who was sat next to me on the sofa.

"Yeah, why?" He asked.

"Oh, uh how come he's not coming round as much?" I asked him.

"I don't know, ask him" Mason said, so I got up off the sofa and walked towards the door. "I meant message him" Mason told me, but I shut the door.

There was no point in texting him as he probably wouldn't reply anyway, so I began walking to his house since he didn't live far from us.

I stood in front of his house, debating wether this whole thing was a good idea. I gave up on my thoughts and knocked despite my nerves.

"Oh, it's you" He said, sighing, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Sorry?" I said, since that was quite rude and I hadn't seen him in at least three weeks.

"What are you doing here, Meg?" He asked, not looking impressed with me for some reason.

"Well, I haven't seen you in three weeks, what's going on?" I asked, following him into the kitchen.

"If you must know, I'm dating Joana again" He said, shrugging.

"What? Why?" I asked him, shocked that he was dating someone who treated him so badly.

"Why is it your business?" He asked me, i couldn't believe he was being like this towards me when he saved me a few weeks ago.

"Because I care about you" I told him, but he didn't seem to care.

"What are you in love with me or something?" He asked me, i couldn't believe what he had said.

"You're unbelievable" I said, leaving his house and slamming the door behind me.

I walked back home in the pouring rain and opened the door.

"What's up with you?" Mason asked, seeing the expression on my face was not a happy one.

"Well I went to Bens and it turns out he is back with Joanna" I sighed, sitting back next to him on the sofa.

"What? Why?" He said, copying my exact words.

"That is exactly what I said, he was so rude to me as well" I said, sighing

"Why what did he say?" Mason asked me, putting an arm around me.

"Well he opened the door and said 'oh it's you' and then when I asked why he was dating Joanna again he said 'why is that your business'" I sighed

"That doesn't sound like Ben" Mason said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah I know, I think I'm gonna go for a nap" I said while I started going up the stairs.

Bens pov

I felt awful about the things I had said to Meg, but I had to if I was going to get over her.

I was in my garden playing with my dog when I heard my doorbell ring, I wasn't expecting anyone so I didn't know who it was.

"Mason?" I asked, confused why he was stood at my door.

"You made me apologise to Meg when I was rude to her, so now I want you to do the same" He told me, making me sigh.

"I didn't mean to be rude okay?" I said, sitting at my kitchen island.

"Okay? I still want you to apologise, she's coming to that dinner with me, so you can do it there" Mason told me, to which I nodded.