8

CHAPTER 8

       'Kanu had been surprised when Lo'ak punched her brother. She - along with her brother -  had fully expected him to show a magic trick. Soon the whole situation became funny when Lo'ak punched him again and again - three times until Ao'nung fell on his back in the sand. 'Kanu covered her mouth with her hand as she tried containing her laughter. The fruits lay forgotten in the sand.

"It's called a punch, bitch!" Lo'ak told him as Ao'nung looked up at him in disbelief, "Don't ever touch my sister again!"

Ao'nung was helped back up by his friends and he snarled, charging at Lo'ak and pushing him to the sand. He landed on top of him and lifted his hand to punch him. Lo'ak was smaller than him, but he wasn't weak. 'Kanu watched as Lo'ak flipped them over, landing another punch on his jaw.

Ao'nung's friends pulled Lo'ak off of him by his tail. It was four against one - not very fair. 'Kanu grimaced as Wotxma turned around, hitting Lo'ak across the face with his tail. Lo'ak fell to the ground with a groan and 'Kanu turned to look at Neteyam, who chuckled and scratched his neck before joining the fight.

First he gave Wotxma a nice punch to the jaw before kneeing the other in the stomach. Soon the whole bunch of boys were rolling around in the sand, trying to land punches wherever they could.

"Stop it," Kiri said, though her voice could barely be heard over their grunts and the splashes of water. "You look stupid!"

By now 'Kanu was laughing at the sight before her. Ao'nung and one of the boys tried pulling Lo'ak off of Wotxma by his tail as he fought with him. "Pull him off!" They said.

"Ow my tail!" Lo'ak yelled as he fought to keep a grip on Wotxma.

"My ear!" Wotxma howled as Lo'ak dragged him along by his ear, "Let go!"

'Kanu covered her mouth with her hand as she fought to nor laugh.

"That's my ear!"

Though she could have watched this go on for ages, 'Kanu knew that the boys all had families to get back to so they could get scolded. "Alright," she said, walking over to them and clapping her hands to get their attention, "That's enough. Let's go."

When no one payed her any mind, she grabbed her brother by his ear and pulled on it so that he would turn to look at her. Ao'nung yelled and got ready to hit whoever had taken a hold on him but his eyes widened when he saw his own little sister. In all honestly, he forgotten she was there. 'Kanu gave her brother a pointed look and jerked her head toward Lo'ak. Ao'nung understood this and let go of Lo'ak's tail, allowing it to fall limply to the ground.

Ao'nung then stepped back and and pulled himself free from his sisters grip, "That hurt."

"It was supposed to," 'Kanu shrugged. Then she looked back at the others and sighed when Lo'ak had just gone right back to hit and scratch Wotxma again. "Call your friends off," she hit his hand.

"They are the ones hurting our friends!" Ao'nung pointed at Wotxma getting his ass handed to him.

'Kanu crossed her arms and glared at him. Ao'nung groaned and rolled his eyes before stepping forward and pulling his friend away from the forest boys. "Don't touch me!" The boy growled, swatting his hand away. Then he glanced at Ao'nung and immediately let go of Lo'ak's tail, "Sorry, Ao'nung. I thought you were one of them."

By then Wotxma had stopped putting up a fight and Lo'ak got off of him, stumbling to his feet. Lo'ak looked at Neteyam before holding his hands above his head, cheering, "We won, brother!"

"I have never seen something so childish!" 'Kanu told them as the boys all stood up. This wiped Lo'ak's smile off his face. Actually - she'd found it hilarious, but they didn't need to know that, "Go right home to your parents!"