7

I try to move his hair from his face to get a better look at him. He draws his claws and scratches my arm. Oh well.

"Ouch, fuck!" I holler.

"Don't touch me!" He yells, coughing afterwards.

"Dude, what the hell? I'm not going to kill you!" At this point, I want to take the macuahuitl to his skull again and turn his head into jelly. I wish I had my powers. He's naked and looks revolting. You can literally see his bones through his skin. You can see his veins and whatever is left of his muscle as well. He has cuts on him.

"Let me look at you." I looked at him. "I just want to make sure you're not running-"

"No!" He got off the floor. His face was very leathery, his eyes and cheeks sunken in, his teeth rotting, and his lips dry and almost white. There was blood coming from his nose and lips. His face looked bruised and splotchy. Yuck. His eyes rolled and he almost fell before I could catch him. He was burning hot and his lips were turning red from either the blood or the heat.

"He's probably got pneumonia." Ellisyn shook her head. Emilia grabbed a blanket from a pack nearby and tossed it on him. "And some kind of infection. And of course, you kicked his ass."

"I'm gonna need a HazMat suit." I shake my head. "And a bottle of Rumchata." Emilia bandages my arm and we head back into the parking lot. We managed to place him inside of the van. I sit in front of the van with Terrence as Emilia and Ellisyn work on him.

"You okay, Ashara?" He asked, backing out of the woods.

"I'm fine, besides the arm. I hope I don't turn into a werewolf."

Nope, that's not happening. It's Tzirihime speaking. You're mostly immune to everything minus cancer now. A voice in my head speaks. I guess that's a good thing.

I remember when I got in the ambulance, I screamed and cried a lot. Granted, it's different. We reach Monica, the team's doctor's home. Terrence parks in her driveway backwards.

"Alright, which one of you got fucked up?" Ellisyn must have texted her or something. She opens the van doors. The god is now silent.

"Well, he scratched Ashara but she looks fine now and he's not doing so well. He has been wheezing and he has a fever of one hundred and four."

"Alright, I'll get Lauren to worry about Ashara. He probably needs my attention more." Terrence and Ellisyn lift him into Lauren's home and take him to the room behind the staircase. Lauren arrives with antiseptic, sterile water, one of those things to stitch me up with, a basin, and more bandages.

"Hey, Lauren." I smile at her.

"Hey, Ashara." She lays her tools down and starts to get to work. I think about the werewolf god. He's probably immortal but he's not going to have a fun time recovering from all of that. I can't imagine that he feels great mentally either. Being trapped in a box for a long time would drive someone to insanity.

Damn, am I feeling sorry for him? I need to stop. That won't bring anything good my way. Last time I batted my eyes at a werewolf, I ended up raped and dying in a meadow. I won't do it again.

After a few hours, Monica walked up the stairs.

"How is he?" Ellisyn was drinking some kind of sparkling wine.

"He got bacterial pneumonia, he had stage 4 ulcers on his back, legs, and on his feet, he had stage 2 ulcers on his arms, hips, and sides of his calves, and he has sepsis. Lauren and I managed to remove the bad tissue and get him bandaged up. He also had broken ribs, a broken arm and leg as well as his deep cuts. Thankfully, his organs weren't affected by the stabbing. He's on a very high dosage of antibiotics and pain medication. I'm calling one of my friends to handle his teeth. Being that he's a werewolf, we just have to pull them all out and let them grow back. He's also in a medically induced coma and he's extremely malnourished. His healing ability got hindered by that so he'll probably be out of commission for about at least a month. I have him on a feeding tube so he can at least gain some weight while he's out." Monica sighed.

"Yikes, I would hate to be him." Terrence shook his head.

"A month, huh?" I look at her. "What's the game plan now, Ellisyn?"

"I guess we'll have to wait for him to recover." Ellisyn sighed. I roll my good eye.

"Also seeing he probably has no immunity to our germs, I wouldn't recommend anyone being too close to him." Monica sighed.

"Well, at least there's still a chance that the other werewolves don't know about him." I lean against the couch.

"I doubt it, that park is covered in his scent." Ellisyn sighed. "And the Summers are still too close for comfort."

My blood runs cold. The Summers pack, your average outdoorsy white family but they turn into dogs for the funsies. I look away. If they were already doing horrific shit without knowing their God was still alive, I can't imagine what they'd do knowing that their god is alive. Maybe it's a good thing he's comatose.

"You know the rules, Ellisyn. Y'all can wipe out every damn dog in that group but the Guard is all for me."

"Don't worry, Ashara. Revenge will be yours." Ellisyn pats my back. "Speaking of which, your parents might be stopping why."

Oh shit, my dad will lose his shit if he finds out what happened. He'll try to find a way to murder the werewolf god. My mom will be mad at me for not saying anything. I shake my head and stare at the floor. My eye hurts.