19

We were starting to don our gear and placing our weapons on ourselves. I managed to get my hair in a bun on top of my head. My hair felt a little dry but that was not my biggest concern at the moment. Getting my parents back was. I walked up to Emilia.

“Are you ready?” I asked her.

“I am.” She responded. We all got in the car. We were planning on stopping on a nearby bridge and walking the rest of the way in. I hope this goes well. Terrence walks out in full gear and so does Lauren. I’m a little surprised that she’s joining us.

“Don’t be too shocked.” Lauren sighed. “I get bored at home.”

“I’m going with you guys.” It was Stefan.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Lauren replied. “If they get you, we’re all fucked, including you.”

“Well, I am probably the most useful with this kind of thing. Besides, I know Anastasia and what she’s capable of. You don’t.”

Lauren says nothing.

“If you’re insistent on coming along, you better find some extra gear.” I shake my head.

“Fair enough.” He walks out of the room. I place the last throwing knife in my boot. He walks back in with gear on. Oh well. We hop in the car, not really saying anything to each other. Emilia takes a deep breath.

“I can’t wait to get them back.” Emilia looks at me. “I’ll never complain about them again.”

“Me either.” I sighed. “This is just bringing back memories.”

“They missed you when you left.” Emilia looks down. “Mom used to always fluff up your pillows before she went to bed. And Dad would always make sure to make an extra portion of food for you for dinner.”

My heart almost shatters in two. I still feel like shit for choosing a man over the three people that love me the most. But now is not the time to think about me. It’s time to rescue my parents from the people that I despise the most. We stop at the side of the bridge and Lauren throws the invisible suits at us. We throw them on.

“What are these?” Stefan asked as Lauren threw one at him.

“Invisible suits created by Ellisyn. They cover your scent, your heat signal, any sound that comes from you and make you invisible to the naked eye.” Lauren smiled, zipping hers up. We then get out of the car. We start to run into the woods. I could see the full moon out tonight. I had on night vision goggles. I couldn’t sense any werewolves nearby. Slowly, I started to feel them nearby. We were getting close to the cabin. I got a flashback.

I had managed to get away from the wolves that were dragging me away from Jon. I was running but they were on my heels. I tripped and fell over a log, fucking up my ankle.

“You good, Ash?” Lauren looked at me, concerned.

“I’m fine.” I shake my head. “I’m fine.”

“Ok, just checking.” She doesn’t seem to believe me. I notice the cabin is right in front of us. There’s werewolves outside and the windows were boarded up.

“You know how it goes.” I whispered, motioning. We take out our guns and fire them. I managed to take out three of them with my rifle. We then run towards the cabin where more of them emerge. One manages to knock me down so I take the rifle and bash its skull in. I shoot one in the abdomen and kick another in the head. Emilia and I nod our heads as the others are distracted and run into the cabin. There’s our parents, bound to chairs and duct tape over their mouths.

“Mom! Dad!” I say, removing the hood part of the invisibility suit as I take out my knife and start to cut away at the restraints. Emilia takes the tape out of their mouths.

“I’m so glad you’re alive.” Emilia says.

“We’re glad to see you too.” My mother looks at both of us. My father helps finish cutting off the restraints on my mother with Emilia’s pocket knife once he’s freed. We all entered a group hug for a few minutes.

“Let’s go. I don’t want more werewolves to find up on us.” I look around. We leave the cabin and see Lauren killing the last werewolf execution style. She then looks at us.

“Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Reynosa.” She says, kicking the werewolf corpse.

“Hey, Lauren.” My mother looks at the corpse and shrugs. We start to walk back and I pull the hood back on.

“I’m so glad that we were able to rescue you guys.” I spoke to my parents. “What happened?”

“I don’t know. Seems like your ex boyfriend used some kind of spell to transport us to the mansion. They were mad at him for bringing us there so that woman, I’m guessing their leader, forced us to come here.” My father looked around.

“It was a bit too easy to find them, don’t you think?” Terrence asked us.

“Yeah, I guess I’m just glad to have my parents back.” I hug my mother. She hugs me back.

“He is kind of right, you know.” My mother looks around. “I hope it’s not what I think it is.”

“I hope so too.” I look around, starting to feel a little bit paranoid.

“You’re right.” Emilia quickly turned her head to our left. I heard branches snapping. That’s not us.

“It seems like you fell right into our trap, doesn’t it?” It’s Jon in werewolf form, looking like he had one too many steroid shots.

“Oh wow, you’re not even trying anymore.” I groan. Great, now we have to do this shit.

“You’re very gullible, Ashara.” Jon crossed his arms as more werewolves appeared.

“Obviously if I ended up with you.” I snap back, not having much else to say. She appears behind him.

“Wolves, kill all of them except for Stefan and Ashara. Bring them to me alive!” Anastasia shouts.

Well, shit.