30

I was as excited for this mission as a kid finding out they have to go to the dentist. I was putting my bullet/knife proof armor on top of my black shirt. I was not looking forward to this, as you could tell. Regardless, the Summers and Anastasia had to be stopped. Unfortunately, that task fell on us.

I take a deep breath and look at the mirror. I can do this. I can do this. I finish getting ready, slipping knives, blow darts, extra ammunition, and a few healing agents into the various pockets on my clothes.

"Are you ready?" Lauren enters my room, fully decked out and her hair in a braided bun..

"As ready as I'll be." I look at her. I joined her in the hall. We then run off to the van where Monica, Emilia, Terrence, and Stefan are already waiting. Ellisyn is in the drivers' seat and my sister in the co-pilot seat. We hop on.

"Well, I should be very useful to you now that you know who I truly am." Monica smiled.

"I suppose so." Stefan sighed, looking at his boots.

"We get to kick werewolf ass." Terrence pretended to punch the air. "I wonder how many they managed to get on their side."

"No idea. To most werewolves, we're all evil genocidal maniacs." Emilia sighed. "But they're the true monsters here."

"You're not wrong." Stefan sighed. "I can't help but to feel like this is my fault."

"You didn't ask for Anastasia to do that to you." I gently place my hand over his. "It's not your fault." It had taken me years to accept that my rape wasn't my fault. I wonder if he ever thought about it that way while he was sealed away.

"I know, it's just I am the first werewolf and I was not intending for my descendants to be assholes." Stefan sighed. "I wonder what would've happened if Katalina had survived to have our child."

"There's no telling." I responded to him. "There's no guarantee that it wouldn't have turned out for better or worse."

"I know." Stefan's shoulders slumped. "But I'll always wonder."

"There's no use in pondering on what could have been. You'll drive yourself insane with that." Monica looks up at Stefan.

"I guess it didn't help that I was locked away in a marble tomb for two hundred plus years." Stefan sighed. "I had plenty of time to overthink about stuff." I guess that's the answer to my questions.

"Well, now you're here and free to do as you wish." Monica sighed. "Now that you got your life back, you have the chance to improve things for yourself and fix what you can."

"You're right." Stefan says. We finally arrived at our original parking/hiding spot. We spray on scent concealing spray, use an invisibility spell, and slowly exit the car. We place the night vision goggles over our heads and activate them by hitting a button on the side. We then slowly start to move into the woods.

*****************************************************************************************************

Stefan could feel the other wolves nearby but he wasn't sure on how close they were. He almost tripped over a branch but was able to catch himself. Ashara, Emilia, Terrence and him would find the last Summers and Anastasia while the others would destroy the virus. They had been passing the cure around in the Hunter groups apparently.

He could hear Ashara's heart beating near him. Stefan wanted to keep her safe from any harm and make her feel better. Especially since he knew her ex and the werewolves who had treated her so badly were there.

They continued sneaking into the property until they reached the gate. There were two werewolves standing there. Lauren blew two darts right at the guards' necks. They looked a bit sleepy and kneeled over on the ground. They darted to them, searching for any keys or an item that would help them.

"Found it." Ashara whispered, sticking a ring of keys in her left pocket. They unlocked the gates as Lauren took out the cameras. They continued sneaking in, sticking to the shrubs, vines, and trees in the path. Stefan nearly stepped on a raccoon and Ashara almost tripped over a root but managed to get up. They continued as he noticed there were various werewolves still running around in their wolf and bipedal forms.

"I wonder what they're doing." Lauren whispered to him.

"No idea, but this is going to make this a lot harder." Stefan replied.

"Fuck." Ashara whispered. They slowly crept closer and closer to the second gate.

"You know what to do from here, right?" Monica looked at the group. They all nodded. They separated into their groups. Ashara and Emilia looked at each other and nodded.

The werewolves were doing some kind of group exercise. Stefan noticed there were dummies nearby. They were attacking the dummies. One of them cast a spell and the dummies began to move, attacking them. They tore at the dummies, tearing them from limb to limb, tearing off heads and whatnot.

"They must be training for us." Emilia whispered. Ashara shook her head.

"They must know we're about to attack." She responded. They continued to creep behind the trees, hearing the sound of flour sacks hitting the ground and growls from the werewolves. Stefan felt like his heart was in his throat just then. He could feel Anastasia's presence nearby but he didn't know where she was.

They continued to creep around, nearing the manor. The lights were all on and he saw Anastasia walking by in a violet dress. He could hear their conversations.

"You think they'll show up?" It was an older woman's voice.

"Of course, they will. Hunters can't help but to chase prey. Except this time, they're the prey and we are the Hunters, as it was meant to be." Anastasia spoke.

"And what of our God?" The older woman spoke again.

"He will join me one way or another." Anastasia spoke. "He will pay for what he's done."