31

We slowly manage to creep up to the door. There were no guards by the side entrance. That doesn’t feel right at all. Better said, it’s not right. One of the guards goes into the building and we follow him. Anastasia is wearing a purple off shoulder gown while Jon’s mother is wearing a black sweater with green cargo pants. Jon’s father, Jon and a few others are there.

I pointed my rifle at her, aiming for her head. Suddenly, Anastasia chants something and everyone can see us. She knew we were here. Aww, hell.

“And our guests of honor have arrived.” She clapped her hands together. “Let’s feast, shall we?” They quickly shift and aim for us. I summon the Sacred Fire, throwing fireballs at them. Emilia shoots the werewolves with silver bullets and Stefan is in hand to hand combat with Jon’s father. I then summon the macuahuitl as well and start to club them in the head with it.

“Oh hell no!” Terrence aims his AR-15 at them. Emilia positions her Desert Eagle to shoot and Stefan has a shotgun out as well.

Suddenly, there’s some type of gas in the room. It becomes hard to see. I get slammed to the ground by a wolf. It’s Anastasia. I use the Sacred Fire against her and she screams. I punch her in the side of the face and throw her off of me.

“You have no idea of what I’m capable of.” Anastasia speaks to me in a garbled tone. “I hope you know that.”

“The same to you, dog girl.” I glare at her. My vision is getting wobbly and I’m not exactly sure why. It’s probably whatever was in that fog. Emilia shoots Jon’s father in the head until his head is nothing but a bloody chunk of jaw connected to his neck. She walks up to him and stabs him in the chest with her dagger, tearing out his heart and stabbing it. His body turns to ash, only leaving a blanched skeleton behind.

“That was cold blooded as hell.” Terrence says to her as he shots the heart of a werewolf.

“NO!!!” Jon’s mother looked at her, running towards her with claws out. I dart to aid my sister and take a clawing to my cheek, shoulder and neck. Thankfully, it was only a scratch on my neck.

“And you…this is all your fault!” She screamed. I smack her in the stomach with the macuahuitl and then cut an arm off at her shoulder. She screams, grabbing her stump with bare arms.

“You should have died!” Jon’s mother glares at me.

“You’re right, I should have. But my goddess saved me so I could send you to yours!” I then proceed to behead her. Her head rolls on the ground and blood splatters everywhere. Suddenly, my muscles and I go limp. That must have been some kind of drug in the fog. I’m staring at the blood pooling on Mrs. Summer’s corpse.

“It took it long enough to work.” Anastasia shakes her head. A few of the surviving werewolves haul us up on their shoulders. I want to fight but the smoke is way too overpowering to let me move.

“Tzirihime…” I manage before my lips go numb.

I woke up with the others much later, chained by the wrists to the wall and with a ball chain attached to my wrists. Fun.

“What happened?” Emilia looked half asleep.

“I think they captured us.” I responded, yawning. I could sleep for a million years.

“Well, no shit.” Terrence responded, looking at us. I had no idea where we were or why she had chosen to keep us alive just then. I thought we were a kill on sight deal. It’s very dark here with only a small window on the top of the wall. Someone opens the cell door and throws rotten food at us before slamming the door shut.

“Well, that’s rude.” Emilia snaps. I look around again. There’s no sign of Stefan in the cell. Just us.

“Shit, they took Stefan.” I tell them.

“That’s not good.” Terrence shakes his head.

“No, it’s not.” I responded, gritting my teeth. Anastasia’s words ring in my ears. He will join me one way or another. What would she do to him to make sure that he joined? Chills run down my spine. I despise thinking of the possibilities on that one.

“Are you good, Ash?” My sister looks at me.

“I’m fine.” I’ve become too good at lying now. “As good as I’ll feel trapped in here.” Then I thought about it. Maybe I could burn the cuffs and chain off of me. I summon the Sacred Fire to burn the chains but I’m greeted by a rather nasty surprise. My hands start to burn horribly. I let out a scream and stop.

“Ashara, are you okay?” Emilia looked at me, concerned.

“I think she did something so I can’t use my powers to escape.” I huff, feeling the stinging on my hands and wrists. It smells like cooked pork here. I can’t see my hands but I can’t imagine they look well.

“Why me..” I groan. I wish I had some numbing spray or something. “We could really use your help here, Tzirihime.”

A purple butterfly flies into the room. I guess that Tzirihime isn’t banned from coming here. It materializes into Tzirihime, staring at me.

“Seems you’ve gotten yourself into a mess.” She speaks.

“Of course, I did. I just…” I take a deep breath. “We need to get out of here.”

"Seems Anastasia cast a magic negating spell to include divine magic so I'm not much help. I'm sorry." Tzirihime sighed.

The door burst open. It was two werewolves in full bipedal form. Tzirihime quickly leaves. They unchained us from the wall and the ball chain. I take the chance to grab the extremely heavy metal ball and smack it down on one's head. Terrence and Emilia team up on one. Terrence choke one out while Em wraps a chain around its neck. We both pull the chain, knocking the guard down. Hell yeah.