Forth

Laurel woke up around an hour later. We decided to bring her to the nearby park. We brought her down and that's when we realized our first problem. How do we bring her out? We didn't want to put her in a stroller as we wanted her to be able to enjoy the scenery.

My mom suggested to baby wear her. We stared at her dumbfounded.

"At times like this, I'm reminded you guys are definitely men. Here let me show you." My mom teased us mercilessly. She got the Tula and wrapped Laurel around me securely. Park stood near us watching and then checked to make sure Laurel was comfortable. I looked at him as I towered a little over him. He was checking on her keenly and I saw his fringe getting in the way. So I just pushed it aside. He looked at me and just threw me a small smile.

We went out and I used the opportunity to just chatter with her whilst Park took an incessant load of photos and videos of us. I growled at him but he claimed it was memories and continued. Laurel was very taken by everything and had a very contented smile.

We came back an hour later and I unwound her from the baby wearer. Park wanted to try it too and he tried it with my mom supervising him. He rocked her gently whilst carrying her and she fell asleep. I went to shower and came back only to find both of them napping away on the couch. He was still  carrying her. I jsut laughed and sneaked a quick photo before waking him up. We transferred her to the cot and then Park took his leave. He said he will go home to do some work then he will be back tomorrow.
I almost nodded then as he turned to go, I held onto his hand. Park turned to me in surprise.

"It's already 4pm. By the time you head home, it be close to 6. Why don't you jsut stay here and rest? You can do your work on my computer if you insist."

Park looked at me for a while before nodding. He took his shower, wore some of my clothes and padded down to use my laptop on the couch. He was doing his work for about 2 hours when Laurel woke up. I brought her down for her dinner and sat next to him. He cooed at her and did his work as I fed her milk. Once she was done, I burped her and then we settled down to watch some TV whilst Park did his work, unaware that Ning's parents were watching us keenly with a smile.

Around 8pm, I dozed off to sleep with Laurel sleeping in my arms too. I stirred awake around 11pm and got a heart attack to find Laurel missing! I ran up to her room only to find it empty. I went to my room and I found Park sleeping there with Laurel in his arms. I smiled at this heart warming sight. I slipped into bed with them and nestled between us, Laurel slept too.

I woke up around 6am, to find Laurel gurgling away. Park woke up too, by her and we both found ourselves looking at her. His face reddened when he realized he had fallen asleep in my bed with her. I just waved off his awkwardness and we all got ready respectively.

We went down for breakfast and I was surprised to see my parents. That's when  I found out of the arrangement. I didn't say anything as the grandparents needed to spend time with her too but I wanted to really spend more time with her too.

My parents could sense my dilemma. "Well we could come here during the weekends to spend time with her and let us bring her out from time to time and otherwise she's with you. Is that OK?"

I nodded cheerily at my parents and everyone laughed over my childish response.

"When are you going back to work Park?" My dad asked him.

"Next week Uncle."

"Oh okays. That's nice. Well we really couldn't be more grateful for you but you need your life back too. But do pop by occasionally ok?"

Park nodded albeit reluctantly. That's when it hit me that Park wouldn't always be here and that made me feel sad. I felt like we had such a good partnership going and Laurel loved him to bits too. It was like as if we were a family. And it hit me that we aren't actually one when my dad asked about his return to work.

And I realized that didn't sit well with me. What the cheese pie was going on with me?