Forth

I couldn't believe that I had automatically assumed Park would be staying over. I felt like a complete idiot.

I made sure that the smile stayed on my face. But once he left, I couldn't deny but my heart dropped abit along with the smile. But hey, he's already doing so much for me and Laurel, can't expect him 24/7 to be with me. I went to check on Laurel who slept post her shower. A little while later, I came down to watch TV and just work on some documents. Around 11pm, I heard the doorbell. Who the heck could it be? My in laws were away and my parents were only coming in tomorrow morning. Helper was already asleep. I opened the door to come face to face with Park who swung my favorite mochi in front of me.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Home after dinner. Where else?"

"Home..? Park.."

"Where you and Laurel are, is home for me. And my parents are very much aware too seeing how antsy I was to get back.".

I just stared at him speechless. He waved the mochi in front of me again. I pulled him in and closed the door, trapping him between the door and myself.

"Forth.."

I just rested my forehead on his and I felt his breath hitch. I kept quiet, only letting our breathing pass between us. Finally I pulled away to look at him.

"Thank you for coming back. I really missed you like cray and felt like I was being an idiot for assuming you would stay over always. You already do so much.."

I never got to complete the sentence for Park kissed me then. I kissed him reciprocating the intensity and hoping to  express my feelings through it.

We pulled away a little while later and all I heard Park say was, "I'm not doing it because I have to. I do it because I want to. I want to be there for you and Laurel. I am long past the stage where I see Laurel as your kid. I see her as ours. I can't help it. But what is new is, I'm starting to see you as mine too."

I just opened my eyes wide at Park's confession. Did he just...

That did it for me. I took his hand and brought him to my room. I closed the door and locked it, turning around instantly to strip Park. He low key growled at my intensity but I didn't take it as a no. I pushed him onto the bed and hovered over him. I leaned in to kiss him deeply and we didn't move from that damn bed till morning.

I woke up in the morning around 6am, Park sleeping soundly in my arms. I turned over and kissed him gently on the forehead. He stirred and looked at me sleepily, opening his eyes slowly.

"You are mine too. A long time ago. I couldn't help but think that Laurel was ours rather than mine and yesterday your confession gave me the courage. I have fallen for you Park and I hope you can accept me the way I come."

"Forth.."

I looked down at him hesitantly and he just leaned up to kiss me softly, whispering I love You too. I smiled into the kiss and we snuggled back in for a bit. It was the first time in a long while we done anything together without Laurel and as much as I love her, I really just wanted to spend some time with Park alone too. Seeing how Park snuggled right back in, made me realize he appreciated that too.