Forth

By the time Park finished his call, I was long gone. Both me and Laurel just fell asleep there and then though I was still holding onto him and her. Park took her from me gently and that's when I stirred awake. I straightened myself, rubbing my eyes blearily when he came back.

"Go rest na. I see you tomorrow?"

"You still have clothes here Park. Why not you sleep over and go to work from here? It's nearer and you can sleep in abit more. Its almost 10pm anyways."

Park looked at me for abit before agreeing. He went to shower and get a drink before he came up to my room. I was already in bed and turned to my left sleeping.

Park slid in and turned to his right. I turned when i felt the bed dip and I took the blanket to cover him with it. He turned then and we came face to face together.

"How was your day? I felt like I barely spoke to you."

"It was ok. Just a little tiring as i had some work issues to settle and Laurel was extra cranky earlier post the office visit."

"Why didn't you tell me? I could have come by earlier."

"You have work too Park and don't worry I had it settled. She wnt have good days all the time too so I gotta learn on how to handle. Don't worry. It's not that I don want to call or am excluding you. I just didn't want to worry you."

"You know I'm here for you right?"

"I do. Which is why I am sharing with you now."

"Hmmm.."

"Come here.." and I pulled Park in, closer to me. He rested his head on my chest for a bit and I checked in on how his day was. He ranted about work and an ex who has been texting him recently wanting to get in touch again.

"She wants to date you again?"

"Give it a 2nd shot, she says. She's a nice girl but no."

"Why? You said she is a nice girl. And I remember her. The nicest out of all you dated."

"Idiot. She is. But now I got you and Laurel. I don't want to be dating. I don't want it to take my time away from you two."

"Us? Me included?"

"I mean.. I meant. I meant Laurel."

"Oh okays."

There was silence for a bit. I didn't say anything. Neither did Park. But I didn't let him move away from my grip and neither did he inch away.

"Do what will make you happy ok? Don't rush or take decisions to make others happy. What's important is you are happy too. Its your life. I be there for you. I meant Laurel and I."

Park looked up at me for a bit. I admit my heart completely wavered then and his eyes kept calling out to me. My resolve wavered and I leaned in to kiss Park then. I kissed him on the lips slowly st first as if being hesitant. But when I realized Park didn't push me away, I practically inhaled his lips. We pulled away, a good minute later, breaking off a soft saliva thread between us. I gave him a final kiss when the baby monitor beeped and we realized Laurel had woken up crying. We both got up from bed instantly and went over to her room, getting there even before my helper.

I waved my helper away, assuring her I had it and carried Laurel out. Park stood beside me as I rocked her back to sleep. She finally dozed off and then I laid her down to sleep. We stood there watching her for a bit when Park held onto my hand gently. I held it back as we both watched my daughter fall asleep.

At this point of time, was the phrase "my daughter" even correct? "Our daughter seemed more appropriate."

I just glanced briefly at Park who was just watching her fall asleep. This icy fellow who constantly flared and glared st people, I never knew this completely sweet, endearing and soft side of him existed until I saw him with Laurel.

17 years of friendship and I find out something new daily.