Park

I realized I had long fallen for this little fellow sleeping away peacefully in her crib, unaware she had me wrapped around her finger.

But what was surprising me was the fact that I was fast falling for this giant friend of mine next to me. Earlier when he asked me to date my ex, my first reaction was instantly "Why?!". I didn't get it. I had him and Laurel and it was enough. Then i realized we weren't actually dating or anything. In fact he just got widowed. It seemed uncallous to be imposing my feelings on him.

Then him kissing me threw me off my ball game. I didn't expect that from him. And now as we stood watching Laurel, why the fuck do I feel like Laurel is our daughter rather than just his?

Ugh. I was so confused. Once Laurel was deep asleep, we padded back to the room. But this time, before Forth said anything, I quickly turned to my right and closed my eyes. I heard Forth sigh but he didn't say anything.

The next day I woke up around 7am and got ready for work. When I went down, both Forth and Laurel were already up and having breakfast. They both smiled at me. His parents in law and helper were there too. But I just forgot about their presence, completely bewitched by Forth and Laurel. I walked over, smiling at them and gave Laurel a kiss on her head.

Forth then pointed to his cheek playfully and I almost bent down to do so when I realized and shit. I smacked him on his shoulder and he laughed. I caught Ning's parents smiling at me cheekily and I blushed completely. I greeted everyone and we had breakfast before I went to work. Before I did so, both Forth and Laurel came to the door to send me off.

Forth would work from home moving forth, only coming in for key meetings. It allowed him to spend time with Laurel and not neglect work too. I was about to go to my bike when Forth held onto my hand.

"I'm not going to use my car so often. Why don't you use it instead for work? It's safer than a bike. Please?"

"Hmmm. Yea but...."

"You be coming here anyways. And even if you are going home, I am OK with it."

I nodded, knowing Forth wouldn't take no for an answer. I took the keys from him. I kissed Laurel again and this time, Forth just looked at me silently. I leaned in to kiss him very quickly on his cheek before I walked off, leaving him no chance to respond. I didn't even dare to turn to see his response.

Once I was done with work, I came down to the carpark only to find Forth and Laurel waiting for me.

"Hey, when did you two arrive?"

"We just got here, 5 mins ago. Wanted to surprise you after work and she has been acting up so thought fresh air will do her good."

"What happened Laurel? Did daddy bully you?"

Laurel just gurgled as Forth passed her to me. He took my work bag and keys and we got in. He drove us back home and then I played with her whilst he went to get the bath ready for her. His in laws were away for the week for a short family and work trip so it was jsut us and the helper. His parents were coming down tomorrow.

Once Forth came down, he tossed a towel towards me and then took Laurel. I looked at him in surprise. "I drew you a bath too. You must be exhausted after work. So get a shower and then we can dinner?"

I looked at him for a bit and was quiet. Finally I uttered, "I would love to but my parents asked me out for dinner. So I can't stay tonight."

Forth's face changed a bit but he then smiled. "I'm sorry. Really silly of me to assume you be staying over. Sure sure, please send Mae and Por my regards ok?"

I nodded, standing up. The helper came by to take Laurel first for the shower. I just watched her go. I think she sensed the sudden change of aura and decided to diffuse the situation abit. Forth kept the small smile on as he took my towel away and then went to get the car keys. I went up to him as he was standing at the dining table.

I don't know what possessed me but I just hugged him from the back. "I'm sorry na. I be back after dinner ok?"

"Park. Don't be silly. You got a home too. You go home with them after dinner. Need to spend time with them too. I will see you tomorrow or something. We will video call you also ok?"

I nodded, still leaning  my head on his back. He finally turned and I stepped back abit, taking the keys from him. To give Forth credit, he smiled and didn't say anything else. I went off but as I did, I turned to look at him and it then hit me, his smile didn't reach his eyes.

Damn