Park

I totally had forgotten about work until Forth's dad had asked me about it. It then hit me that I had to go back to work and that meant lesser time with Laurel. Damn.

But I decided to make the most out of it. The next day, Forth and I decided to bring her to the paediatrician for her check up and then after that bring her to another park near the hospital. This time, I offered to baby wear her and Forth agreed, checking to make sure that she was securely strapped in. We went and I found myself chattering away non stop to her because I just found her so wide eyed about everything and I felt she had to know what was going on. Now I understood how Forth felt and why he kept talking to her.

Her check up went well though she needed a jab and Forth was pale when he heard that. I had to hold Forth's hand when Laurel was being jabbed. He closed his eyes tightly and leaned towards me. The doctor chuckled at this and just commented, "I'm glad at least one of the fathers is being brave about it. Or else I wonder if Laurel has to comfort you instead." sending both of us into a deep blush. I stuttered and just mentioned that I was the family friend. The doctor was confused and just nodded in reciprocal.

Post the visit, we went to the park. Forth went to get both of us a drink whilst I sat on a bench and was just showing Laurel the sights. He came back and sat with uncapping the drink. Since my hands were full with Laurel, he called out to me.

"Here let me feed you. Tell me when you want to swap and i take her ok?"

I nodded. I turned to him and he fed me the drink and after that I turned back to showing Laurel the sights again. Just then, a mom and her baby walked past us. She saw us and smiled.

"New born?"

I nodded. Forth was super proud of Laurel and introduced her and age and all. I just smiled to myself at his silly enthusiasm.

"Is he always like that?" I realized she was asking me as Forth had gotten up to go throw the rubbish.

"What do you mean?"

"So enthusiastic and proud of his child. I guess it's the new father thing. I'm sure the novelty will wear off."

I smiled but I told her, "In his case, it wouldn't. He's always very committed to his responsibilities. And Laurel is not only a responsibility but literally the love of his life. So na."

"I'm happy for you. You sound happy and secure when you say that. But do you feel abit left out knowing your child has replaced your role in his life?"

I cocked my head at her question and answered, "You will always be your husband's first love. Hahah doesn't change. His child will be his first love too. Both of you hold different roles in his life but remember you are both important to him. He can't do without the other."

She smiled at me, her eyes getting a little teary. "Apologies for my intrusive statements. I guess I have just been feeling a little out of sorts lately with my new born and all and my husband has been too busy for me."

I nodded. Just as Forth came back, the lady's husband called. She was in a considerably cheerier mood when she hung up the call.

"I guess you are right. He came home to surprise me and was surprised to see I was out. He's on his way to pick us up to bring me out for a surprise. He still remembered our anniversary today and had made special plans."

I nodded. She thanked me for my advice and looked at Forth, commenting what a lovely secure husband he had and bade us goodbye.

Forth turned to me. "I guess gay couples is a normal these days. I'm glad everyone is more accepting. Hahah."

Forth nodded. We checked in on Laurel who had fallen asleep. We decided to get some lunch before heading back home. We stopped at our usual noodles place which we used to frequent as uni students.

We were seated and about to order when we heard a familiar voice. I turned to see Max and Tul who were equally stunned to see us!