chapter 7

Y/n POV

"Ahh." You slightly screamed. Nate the dragon tried to kill you just now. Well maybe not kill, but he purposely blew fire at you, then tried to bite you.

Charlie came running over when he heard you scream, looking worried af. "What happened?" He asked, his voice full of clear worry.

"Sorry, this guy," you said, looking with a glare at the dragon, "tried to kill me." You finished, looking back at Charlie. He carefully took your arm and looked at the slight burn mark.

Working with dragons you had lots of scars from scratches and you'd been burned before by their fire breath, but this caught you off guard as Nate, the dragon who'd attacked you, was usually a calm kind of laid back dragon, and he didn't usually go after people like that.

Charlie took you inside after putting Nate in his cage. He wrapped your arm where the burn was after running it under cold water for a few minutes. You and Charlie worked together like that. If he got hurt you'd help him, and you got hurt, he'd help you.

"Now, I've gotta go have a talk with Mr. Nate about what just happened." Charlie said, leaving the room to go talk to the dragon. It wasn't weird but not normal to talk to dragons, but he didn't care what people thought of him because he got to work with his best friend and dragons, what more could a dude like him possibly want?

A girlfriend? Nope, not Charlie. He's never really liked anyone, or really wanted to as far as you knew. In school you didn't really like anyone. Well, you think you might have had a little crush on Charlie but never payed attention to that feeling. Now you know you like him. But even if he did want a girlfriend, or even thought about it, someone like him could never like you....right?

You shook your head to rid your thoughts, and headed outside to work with Norbert.

He could never like anyone like me.  Could he?  No, nope, never.  Just, stop thinking about it y/n.  You thought as you headed to get Norbert.  Once Norbert was out of his place where he stayed when he wasn't with you and Charlie, he looked up at you in consern.  You forgot that Drafons could tell how people feel.  This was going to be a long day of playing, training, working, and avoiding Charlie.

A/n, hello everyone.  Just for the record, I don't know if dragons can tell how people feel, that was just my imagination, also, I hope you liked this chapter and have a great rest of your day/night.  And I hope you had an amazing Christmas, Hanukkah, Quanza, or whatever you celebrate for the holidays.