Chapter # 8

(Name) entered the library, it was still five minutes till six. The library was vacant and rows and rows of bookshelves were standing tall. The old librarian looked at her through her spectacles, following her steps till she disappeared behind the shelves. This was the second time (Name) was stopping by the library since the day she arrived.

She found a table a few rows away from the main door, sitting she took out her writing things. She looked at the clock, it was six. No signs of Gojo.

Sighing, she opened her notebook. She decided it was better to start working, even without her partner.

(-----------------------------)

"Satoru, we must go on a second date! I enjoyed your company and I must say you are hilarious." the girl placed her hand over his, drawing circles on the back of his hand.

"Of course..."

"It's Lila, dear."

"Sure, Lila, I'll be honored to land a date with a girl as pretty as you." the girl's cheeks flamed at his compliment, and she looked away looking shy.

"don't say that, I know I'm not that pretty..." Gojo had the urge to roll his eyes, typical compliment fishing behavior.

"Right," he uttered, the girl was offended at his tone, "I mean, right, you don't see that because you probably are blind to your beauty."

"I must say, you are not bad looking yourself," she laced her fingers in his.

"I know I'm drop-dead gorgeous, Lola."

"It's Lila, maybe we can go somewhere more private than this restaurant? What about my apartment?" she batted her eyes lashes. Her foot caressed his leg under the table, "it wouldn't be so bad, we can chat in little privately."

"Of course, Lia, I would love to." Satoru kissed the girl, imagining it was her. He pulled away, the girl looked surprised as the kiss ended so quickly.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, trying to kiss him again, he mentally kicked himself. He kissed her again, as hard as he can. Satoru did not feel anything, at least not for the girl he was kissing. He only felt disgust, and that disgust was aimed at himself.

He broke the kiss, pushing her away, "Can you tell me what time is it?"

"I don't know. Are we going to my apartment or not?" she grasped his hands, tugging him out of the restaurant.

"I need to leave," he pushed her hands away, shoved his hands in his pockets, and walked away.

"Are we having a second date!?" she yelled from behind, Gojo sighed and did not bother answering.

(--------------------------------)

Gojo was standing in front of the library, it was already past seven. She was probably not even inside, taking a deep breath he walked inside.

"the library is about to be closed, Satoru."

"Alright, miss pom-pom, did the girl foreign student girl come here today?"

The woman looked offended at his nickname but said, "I almost forget about her, didn't see her leave. She is probably still back in the library. Do ask her to leave." she looked as if she had more to say but decided not to.

"Will do that, miss pom-pom." he passes by several shelves and tables, she wasn't at even one of them.

There she was, her head laying over her folded arms. She was snoring lightly, how can someone sleep on the hardwood table was beyond him.