Chapter # 28

(Name)'s time at the Satoru's apartment came to an end. With a heavy heart, she decided to leave, "Satoru, I don't have enough time, my flight is in an hour." 

"Of course," He leads her to the door, "I'm hoping to see you soon if it's not too much to ask."

"Yeah, sure, I'll try." She smiled, Satoru opened the door for her, "take care of Saomi and try not to spoil her too much."

"She is only seven months old, how can I possibly spoil her?" He raised a brow, challenging her statement.

"I'm sure you'll find a way, you always have." (Name) turned, her feet out of the apartment. She can't explain the feeling of loss as she stepped out of the apartment, so she abruptly turned to face him.

"What is it? Are you forgetting something?"

(Name) shook her head, glancing down at her feet, "it's nothing, just take care." mumbling, she pivoted on her heels.

'Ask me to stop, please don't let me go...'

"(Name)!"

She immediately turned around to face a very flustered Satoru. They stood in the vacant hallway for what felt like forever, Satoru decided to speak, "When will you come back, the last time you left it took you nine years to come back to us, come back to me."

"Satoru, I'm not sure..."

"Right, I get it." he lets out a frustrated breath, pulling at the strands of his hair, and he muttered, "Why can't I say it out loud in front of you!?"

"Say what?" in confusion, (Name) asked.

"(Name)... I---" he inhaled, "---ITHINKISTILLLIKEYOUVERYMUCH!"

"What?"

"I like you..." He murmured, his one hand raised to caress her cheek tenderly, "I've realized this, I was never over you, to begin with." Satoru realized all this time whenever in past he got a girlfriend, he subconsciously compare them to (Name). Why after her all his partners had ( hair color) or the same expressive (color) eyes as her? It was unfair to the other women.

"Satoru..." She whispered, her hand resting over his hand, "is it strange that I don't want to leave? Or that I've been waiting for your to say these words just because I'm a coward."

"if you are a coward then I might be a f*cking wimp compared to you, considering I've had a crush on you for nine f*cking years." his other hand tangled itself in her hair, gently tugging her head up. Satoru pushed her to the wall, "(Name), can I---"

"Yes, Satoru, please..." She did not care how pathetic or wanton she sounds, the only thing that mattered at the moment is him.

Satoru smiled, his one hand leading her lips to his and binding them into a searing kiss. (Name) closed her eyes, his lips were hot yet so soft. The sensation was overwhelming, it is as if someone poured hotly molten over her head.

Satoru's one hand traveled to her hand, pinning them to the wall and trapping her. He wanted to devour her right then and there as if he is a thirsty man in the hot desert and she is the last sip of water he'll ever get. He pulled her lips off of his, She gasped for air.

"(Name)..." he looked her in the eyes, his need for her clear as a day, "I never imagined us kissing in the hallway, to be honest,"

"Me neither," she answered, she isn't used to the look he is giving her. Embarrassed, she turned her head to the side.

"don't worry, (Name), I'm not going to eat you..." Satoru took the chance of attacking her neck, "...unless, you wish to be devoured."

"Satoru!" she whispered sharply, his kisses are not gentle at all. They are harsh, marking her with sharp bites, "what if someone walks on us!?"

"Don't worry, Muffin, no one is walking on us," his other hand firmly pulling her by the waist, "Even if they do, I don't think they'll mind seeing you like this..."

Satoru pushed her coat down from her shoulder, giving himself more space. She wants to ask him to stop, and step back but she couldn't. (Name) inhaled sharply, he bit her on her exposed shoulder. She whispered, "Satoru, we need to stop."

He, begrudgingly, tugged his head up so he was looking at her, "if you say so." Satoru swept his eyes over the marks he gave her. She is a sight to behold like this, pushed against the wall, her hair messy and her eyes lustrous.

"I'm not sure where we go from here..." she voiced, her hand grasping her coat and pulling it over her shoulders.

"I know, I want to give us a chance," he said, "or I can visit (Native Country) and demand for your hand in marriage."

"Aren't you going a little fast?"

"I'm supposed to marry someone to assure Saomi's adoption. Wouldn't it be great if it is someone I like?"

(Name) never expected him to say those words, proposing to her to marry him? She can only let out a whisper, "do you want to marry me?"

"Of course, but I understand if you don't want to." He said, rubbing the back of his neck bashfully, "it won't be anything serious if you don't wish for it to be. I'm not ever going to take advantage of you or the situation. We can lead separate lives afterward,"

(Name) is conflicted, she isn't sure if it's the best choice to marry him just yet. After all, marriage is something she never pondered over. She said, "give me some time, I'll think about it." the second reason why she should decline the offer is her family, if they get the hint of her marriage; it'll possibly be the end of (Name) (Last Name) or maybe she is exaggerating. But the confrontation will not be pretty.

"I don't have much time, I understand if you don't want this. It's not easy to marry someone you don't desire. But I'll be waiting for your response..."

The kiss between them was supposed to sort out their feelings, but it left them even more ambivalent. Satoru wanted her, but not because of a marriage of convenience. (Name) realized her feelings for him were more than just a mere fixation.

They were both doomed after...

Author's Note:

I hope this chapter lived up to your expectations and Wow, (Name) and Satoru finally kissed! Yay!

Thanks for the votes!

Bye~