Chapter # 24

"Nanami..." the blonde man is standing stiff by the door, his expression of what can be described as baffled and restless, "Come here, sit by us," the woman sitting by the crib smiles.

He moved, one hand taking off his tinted goggles. Nanami sits on a chair beside (Name) but not meeting her eyes, "doesn't she look just like Saori?" her soft voice broke the never-ending silence.

"Yes..." he responds, his eyes never leaving the little girl sucking on her fingers, oblivious to the tight atmosphere of the room.

"It's pitiful we didn't recognize her earlier, you know?"

"it sure is..."

"Nanami, you can share what you are feeling," (Name) gently rests a hand on his shoulder, forcing him to look at her. Her eyes are understanding, earning a sad smile from him.

"I know that (Name), I appreciate your patience."

"I wonder if she was happy to have become a mother, wondering if she was excited to bring an individual to this world with the man she loved, no matter how much swerved that devotion was." Nanami listens to her, the words bringing more sorrow than solace.

"We'll never figure out," he spoke, "but we can give her the life Saori would've wanted for her."

"Of course,"

(-----------------------------------)

It's been a couple of days since the revelation of Ame's real identity.
"What are you going right now?" Satoru Gojo stops her when she is about to leave the Jujutsu tech. He was not wearing his uniform but some slacks with a button-up shirt and a coat.

"Uh, home? Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yes, I and Saomi are going on a shopping trip to buy new clothes for her and new furniture."

"I don't see why you'll ask me, I am sure Shoko is more reliable because she is good with kids including Saomi." (Name) said, "besides I've never shopped for children."

"Oh, come on, please? Shoko said she'll be busy today," Satoru walks beside her, giving her his best smile; the smile that can melt stones and steel with how bright and warm it was.

(Name) pulls out sunglasses, placing them over her eyes, "No, I have things to do."

"Why are you so stubborn?"

"Why are so insistent?"

"I'll bye your favorite potato chips for a month, I swear!"

"Make it three months and throw in the milkshake each day and then I'll think about it."

"deal,"

"Alright," (Name) pats his head, "bring Saomi we are going Shopping!"

"Oh, no, you are picking us up from my house,"

"Don't tell me you left her alone all by herself?" (Name) sounds worried for the young girl, it's been only a day since Saomi is taken to his house because Satoru is adopting her. The legal activities of adoption are still pending.

"Oh no, I'm not that irresponsible, Megumi-chan is with her,"

"Wait, who is Megumi?"

"My adopted son, I'm baffled you don't know about him,"

"It's a boy!?" (Name) shrieks, the disbelief evident on her face.

"Of course, Megumi-chan is a boy,"

"I'm sorry but when did you adopt him?"

"Let me think..." Satoru counts the years on his fingers, "Eight years ago, he is fifteen. Come to think of it, he'll be joining Jujutsu tech school the next year,"