Chapter # 17

The white-haired boy--- no, the man looked at (Name) as if he saw her for the first time. Soon, his eyes traveled to the dead body of his cousin. (Name) was expecting him to act furiously toward her, scream, yell at her for what happened but he did not do any of that.

Satoru's eyes traveled back to Suguru, he said, "Is that what you wanted?" his voice dejected as he uttered those words, "is this nothing but a cruel game to you?"

"Ah, yes, of course, it was a game; the game you've won." he could barely form coherent sentences and he was clutching onto his shoulder where his arm was supposed to be.

"Cut the crap, Suguru!"

He just laughed, his chuckles resonating in the empty street, "you see, Satoru, do you hate me now? I hope you do because that's what I deserve."

"You are a crazy bastard, Geto." (Name)'s voice was sharp and cold, "you don't even deserve to be hated."

"I agree,"

(Name) laid the girl down, she hated the pathetic man, she asked, "I just need an answer from you, did you ever love Saori? Or is she just a ploy for you to make the ends meet?"

Suguru could barely breathe, and every inhale was getting painful, "she is a stupid girl, I told her this life was not for her, but she was too far gone... Love is the worst curse of them all, don't you agree, Satoru?"

"To answer your question..." Satoru spoke, his voice firm and a little smile on his face, "I don't hate you, Suguru."

"Right, you are a stubborn ass as always..."

"You do know what I need to do?"

"Yes, I know."

(--------------------------------)

Her head was down as she walked beside him, he did not utter a word to her since they met. This was strange, old Satoru could never shut up for a second. She deduced that was because he has grown up. After all, you cannot expect someone to be the same after nine years.

Or perhaps it's because of them...

"Gojo, Sensei!" 'wait, sensei!?' "Gojo Sensei, you are finally here!"

"Hello, Yuta."

(--------------------------------)

Wait. Now she remembered Nanami telling her about this development, Gojo as a teacher at Jujutsu high. It must've left her mind amidst all this going on.

"(Name)?" a familiar monotone voice uttered.

"Nanami!" the girl threw herself on him, and the man stumbled back falling on his rear.

"I see, you haven't changed at all."

"Talk about yourself, you finally got a hairdresser to do your hair for you?" she ruffled his hair, trying to get them to the original state (original state refers to Nanami's hair from his school days if you haven't seen it, go search it up. you are in for a treat😏)

"(Name), I need to look professional for my job and stop messing with my hair." Nanami smiled, his friend ruffling his hair even more.

"I forgot you are not just Nanami anymore, you are Kento Nanami, the mighty sorcerer and part-time teacher at Jujutsu high."

"we should get off the ground," (Name) stood up, pulling Nanami along with her, "(Name), about Saori, what happened?"

She disappeared at the question, 'right, he did not know what happened,' "Nanami, I am sorry... I could not save her."