Chapter # 31

(Name) is not sure how she is supposed to meet Satoru or look him in the eyes after what happened in the guest room. She buried her head in her hands. She did cross every possible boundary or an ethical line there. She on the one hand surprised yet satisfied with his reaction but on the other hand, she felt repulsive; even though he did not stop her from doing that, is this considered sexual harassment? Is this what it feels like to be a pervert?

She internally cringed, is she a pervert???

"(Name)! Why are you sitting on the stairs all by yourself?"

"Oh, hi, Arshi." (Name) gave a half smile, and Arshi took a seat beside her.

"What's wrong? Aren't you supposed to be in training grounds at this time?"

"I don't feel like training,"

"Why? Are you sick?" Arshi  pressed a hand on her forehead, checking for any signs of illness, "do you feel nauseous or feel a headache?"

(Name) grasped her hand, peeling it off of her forehead, "I just dont feel like going, I just have something on my mind right now."

"Is it perhaps that good-looking senior of yours?"

"Wait--- how did you---" She was cut off by a squeal by the girl beside, bashful, (Name) reverted her eyes to her feet.

"Wait! I was kidding, but really? Is it actually about him?!" Arshi grabbed her shoulders and shook her violently, "tell me everything,"

"There is nothing to tell,"

"Nah uh, I can tell from your first interaction that there was something very fishy about all of this." Arshi smiled, assuring her she is by her side, "I've never seen you so intimate with any man, it was strange how you were so giddy to see him. Tell me are you dating him in secret?"

"I wouldn't call it dating," (Name) mumbled, "I don't even know what we are if I'm being honest,"

"Oh, so friends with benefits?"

"Arshi, do you think I will agree to something like that?" (Name) frowned, and her chin came to rest on her palm.

"right, you are too prudish for something so nefarious," She said, "even if he is good-looking, is this because he is stronger, (Name)? Did you guys fight? Did he beat you?"

"No, we fought but it was years ago," (Name) recalled their first battle, which ended in a verbal row, and the second time, they did not even take it seriously, "it was way before any of us were given shallow nicknames by the world. I always fought off any possible suiters just because I could, but now things are different..."

Arshi sniffled, wiping her tear, "my (Name) is all grown now,"

"Arshi..."

"All this time we've been worried about you, we did think you'll die single."

"That is not comforting, Arshi,"

"I was not trying to be comforting, I'm telling you how things were from our perspective," She told her, "Gojo does seem like a genuine person, I can from just one interaction; the way he treats his daughter or the way he looks at you with that tender look on his face."

"What do you mean?"

"Dumbass, it's the same look I give Haqir all the time!" Arshi ruffles her hair, "I know how these things work, I'm an expert at romance---"

"Of course, you are," a figure dropped by (Name), the girls glanced at the man in shorts and a t-shirt, "I will recommend not following any of her schemes, (Name)."

"Haqir! I thought you'll side with me,"

"How much of did you hear?" (Name) questioned, her eyes glaring into his. The man chuckled, bringing his hand to cover his laughter.

"Well, about your crush on Satoru Gojo? Seriously, (Name), I heard everything,"

(Name) sighed, "dont go around spreading this, or I'll kill you,"

"Have I ever backstabbed you? You can trust me besides, it's not my place to tell you who to like."

"Anyway, leave us alone, Haqir, we were having the girl's talk,"

"Come on, Arshi! I'm one of you guys," He pleaded, "I'll even help (Name),"

"Help me with what?"

"(Name), he is a man, and so am I. I can give you a few tips on how to woe him or shape him the way you want to."

"God, Haqir, stop grinning like a maniac, it's high-key irksome."

"Look, I appreciate your offer, but let me be,"

"Alright, but let me tell you one thing, men love when you compliment them. Compliment his clothes or hair, or the way he styles his hair."

"I'm sorry but he already has an inflated ego the size of this mansion, I don't want to add to it."

"Well, go with the second way, it's playing hard to get,"

"Haqir, I'll slap you over your head if you don't stop right there." Arshi glared at him, and he just smiled sheepishly, "if you ever plan on playing hard to get I'm gonna smack you to the next week."

"Alright, you two, I'm done with all this talk." (Name) stood up, "I'm leaving now, you two can argue after I'm gone."

"Remember, playing hard--- Ouch! Arshi, at least warn me before hitting!" (Name) rolled her eyes, her two friends are not helpful at all.

(---------------------------------------------)

The evening is not what (Name) imagined, it is time for dinner and usually, all (Last Name) clan attends. Including her father, brothers, and uncle who happened to be head of the (Last Name) clan.

What she is worried about is their initial reaction to Satoru, what if they hate him? Or dont approve of him? Then how is she supposed to marry--- wow, there, not so fast?

"(Name), do you mind calling Satoru for dinner?" her mother asked, she is looking over the servants.

"Yes, mother," She is scared of facing Satoru, but it is inevitable and besides, she did not do anything wrong, right?

"Hello?"

"Come in,"

Satoru is sitting on the bed, with Saomi in his lap as he is changing her diaper, "the dinner is ready, you can come down and I'll take Saomi,"

Satoru licked his lips as they are suddenly dry and his throat felt parched to the end. Even her name is enough to knock the wind from his very existence. He can not look at her the same way, who knew the prudish (Name) was such a tease?

He had to take a cold shower after their last exchange, he felt like a teenage boy just hitting puberty.

"Alright," (Name) stepped closer, taking the young girl in her arms.

"Aw, did you miss me?" Saomi happily knocked her little palms over her face, "you have such strong hits, Saomi, I bet you will be beating bad guys in the future."

"she is the daughter of Suguru Geto and Saori Sumi, can't say I don't expect that to happen,"

"Aye, and with you as her guardian, she'll be the best she can be," Satoru smiled at the compliment, the early awkwardness melting away.

Maybe, they worried to much...