Chapter # 9

"(Name), no stop!"

The girl ignored the plea of her friend, he was right there, laughing with the idiot he called his friend. She walked up to him and punched her right in the jaw. It made a satisfying cracking sound as he was thrown back on the wall. Nanami winced, inwardly happy at the bruise forming on Suguru's face.

The white-haired idiot looked at his friend and then back at the girl with flaming eyes.
"Well, damn..."

She looked pointedly at him, glaring at him with such intensity that would've made iron melt. (Name) tried punching Suguru again, but Satoru was fast enough to get hold of her waist, pulling her back.

"You have some nerve of showing your face around here after what you did to Saori!" she tried getting out of Satoru's grip but it was in vain, "let me go!"

"Woman, calm down. What did he do that made you so pissed?" Suguru was standing, his hand caressing his bruised jaw.

"Why not ask him?"

Satoru's eyes met Suguru's asking him to explain what was going on. Suguru looked away, avoiding his eyes.

"I broke off the engagement with Saori."

"...what?" Satoru was not expecting that, his eyes seeking his cousin. Saori was avoiding looking at him, "you sure about this?"

"Yes, I am, Satoru."

"(Name), let's go..." Saori spoke, pleading with her to not say whatever she was planning to.

"One day you will realize the gem you threw away with no regard was the best thing that could have happened to you, Geto." (Name) spoke, looking at Gojo from over her shoulder, "get your hands off of me."

Satoru complied, letting go of her, "loving someone isn't easy, and loving someone forced on you without your will is even harder."

"It has always been about you, isn't it? What about her? This engagement was forced on her as well---"

"Yes, that's why I ended it. This unwanted bond with me is no longer holding her back. She can be her person, she deserves more than this arrangement has to offer." Suguru turned to leave.

Saori was stunned at his words, "but what---" she stopped uncertain of her words, they had no value for him.

Suguru looked back at the raven-haired girl, he said, "I wish you a great future, and don't worry about your family blaming you. I have taken full responsibility for this decision. I told them you had nothing to do with this."
Suguru walked away, with Satoru following behind him.

(---------------------------------)

Satoru leaned on the railing, his hands clasped together. He looked down at his reflection in the pound, "Suguru, you do know what this means right?"

"I know, a traitorous act against the clan might result in me being disowned all together. I've thought about this long enough, I will not go along with anything they have planned." he was looking up at the sky.

"I see, don't worry, Suguru, I'll stand behind you if things get ugly."

"I know you will," Suguru smiled as Satoru raised a hand for him to high-five.

"Now, how about buying me Kikufukku?"

"Buy your own food, I'm gonna be poor soon."

(--------------------------)

It was getting late, and Satoru knocked on the door of the junior-year common room. Nanami opened the door.

"What do you want?"

"Nanamin, my favorite junior! How are you this evening?"

"State your purpose and don't waste my time, I need to go to bed."

"I was here to see Saori, is she in her room?" Satoru asked, peeking in the common room from over Nanami's shoulder.

"Let me check," the door was closed on his face, and he stood there for a few minutes.

The door opened again, revealing his cousin, "hey, how are you?" Satoru pulled the girl into a hug, "I bought for you four buckets of your favorite ice cream!" he pulled away, thrusting the bags into her hands.

"Thanks, creep, you did not have to." Saori smiled, she knew Satoru well. He was never good with words, his only way of showing affection to anyone was buying material goods.

"That is not it," he pulled out a plushie that oddly resembled a carrot, "this is a limited edition super soft plushie, take good care of Mr.Carrots." the carrot plushie was wearing glasses similar to type Satoru wears on daily basis.

"It's cute, Satoru, thanks again."

"Not as cute as my sweet little cousin is but close enough," he pinched her cheeks a little too hard.

Saori made a disgusted face, pretending to throw up, "ew, Satoru, you sappy whore."

"Hey! That is very offensive, I'm not a whore. I just have commitment issues." he twisted his lips into a scowl, looking offended.

"Yeah, no, it's the universal truth that you Satoru Gojo are a verified F-boy." She dramatically pointed to his glasses.

"I came here to cheer you up, Saori, not to get insulted or dragged for my life choices." Satoru pouts, and Saori flicked his nose.

"But, brother, insulting you breathes life into my whole existence," she spoke, her mannerisms very rhetorical, "you don't mind that, right?"

"Of course not."

(----------------------------------)

(Name) and Satoru were collectively standing in the office of their Sensei, "is there a reason why both of you submitted your assignments separately?"

"No reason at all, Sensei."

"Right, I will be deducting your points for this and if you want to make a case for your side, go ahead..."

"Sensei, Gojo won't cooperate."

"What..." his mouth fell open at being accused of something that was not fully his fault, "don't lie, I just said we should reschedule because I will be occupied at that time!"

"Sounds the same to me." (Name) said, "and what might tell you'll be occupied with? Sucking an unfortunate girl's face?"

"(Name)..." Yaga's voice was strict as well as annoyed, "I can see only one solution for this issue."

The students peered at him, waiting for his answer, he grabbed a cursed rope from a drawer, "how about tying you both till you both sort out your problems?"

"You wouldn't, Sensei!" (Name) looked horrified at the thought of being tied to Gojo and he on the other hand hoped that his teacher was bluffing.

"Oh, but I would, (Name)." Yaga stands up from his seat, "so if you both think this is extreme and don't wish to go through being tied up, work this out." he points between them, he was done with the dispute of this pair, "you both are the strongest here, the fate of the sorcery world relies on your hands. So stop acting like a bunch of juveniles. Today is your practical test, and I need progress from both of you."

"Alright, we will try."

"I don't need your half-ass tries, I need progress." He gestured to his door, signaling they can leave. When the pair left, Yaga lets out a ragged breath. The fate of sorcery world did lay on their hands as rhetorical as it was. If they held this grudge for the rest of their lives, it'll only damage the sorcery world. The damage that might never be repaired, he was asked to take out this uncertainty and he will make sure their conflict is settled right in this school.

Author's note:

Damn, Wattpad messed up my posting schedule. This chapter was written twelve hours ago but for some reason, the servers were not working. I hate when this happens.

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter! And do tell me what you think of this story so far.

Bye~