Chapter three

Today was the day of the school dance. I decided to walk to school ahead of Monse and Cesar flirting, after that. We went to Ruby's house to make some fajitas. This whole week was full of them flirting and it was disgusting. Jamal and I hadn't talked about the other night in a while. "Attention, students. One last reminder to buy your tickets to tonight's Homecoming Dance. A magical evening full of wonder, excitement, and Romance can be yours for only 10.99." The lady over the PA said as me and Jamal took our seats in chem. How fitting we have an hour to discuss other kinds of chemistry but not our kiss. "However, this is not an opportunity to get freaky. Remember: if you're not responsible, you'll end up with responsibility. So, there will be no tweaking, yiking, getting crunk, lit, or turnt. For all you ladies, dress appropriately. Nobody wants to see your lower butt cheeks. And last but not least: no ID, no entrance. No exceptions." She continued and I looked at Jamal.

"Now, you aren't leaving until you talk to me." I said to him as the bell started to ring.

"I've got an English quiz." He said to me and I pulled him back.

"Listen you've just had chemistry now talk about the kiss." I said to him and he looked away.

"I don't know what came out and I'm sorry." He said to me and he looked at me. He started walking away.

"Don't be sorry. You can do it again tonight." I said to him before walking out in front of him. I wonder how he felt after that. At lunch I was with Monse and Olivia. In the queue.

"And grind. High school dances are the worst." Monse said to us and she was right. Especially at this school.

"Really? Dances in Houston are dope, and great opps to meet great dudes." Olivia said to the two of us.

"What dudes?" I asked her while looking around, I couldn't see any.

"Take a look around. Every hot prospect you see today is gonna be sporting wood tonight. It's not pretty. Or impressive. Dances are basically sex fests." Monse said to us and she was talking the correct things there.

"In a bad way?" Olivia asked the two of us.

"Always in a bad way." I said to her, the amount of stories that came out of them.

"Yes. They can expose you." Monse said to her and I'd seen it happen.

"How?" Olivia asked us.

"You can get roofied or pregnant. And I'm not just talking about getting it in on the dance floor, which happens all the time. I'm talking about slipping on something suspect on the way to the bathroom, and boom, you're immaculately concepted....Like peeing every time you jump. That's what happens after you get prego. Even if you don't keep it." Monse said to us all,

"Goodbye, romance. Hello, trauma." She said to us and I looked at her as I was loafing my tray up.

"Exactly. Now your speaking the correct language." I said to her.

"Plus the DJ they hired is some lame hipster from silver lake...until he basically draped her." Monse said as we were talking about a couple from the fall dance.

"Draped?" Olivia asked, I forgot she didn't know these terms.

"Dance raped. He was all over her. Like a prisoner. He marked like a piece of property so no other guy would touch her. Then she had no other choice but to fall in love. Stockholm syndrome." Monse said before he grabbed the ass and we went outside.

"Tonight could be a game changer." We heard Cesar say as we started walking to our table.

"And our own personal hell." Olivia said as we sat down. I was across from Jamal. We all sat in silence.