Chapter nine

Waking up the morning I looked at my phone and saw all the missed calls from Jamal. Followed by a streamline of texts. There was no way I reading them all. I then had a few texts from Olivia then from Ruby. I then decided to go to wherever I was needed for the case of this 911 text stream I was receiving. When I got there I saw them all. "...you're beautiful!" I heard Jamal say and now I was confused as I walked over.

"Who's beautiful?" I asked them and Ruby turned to face me. "I'm not even going to ask." I said to him and he looked away. His face had two different makeup styles on it. I definitely didn't want to know why.

"Why are they here?" Monse asked and I looked at her with my arms crossed. I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to be here.

"Because someone wasn't answering my calls and texts." Jamal said to her and I felt like an argument was about to happen between them.

"My phone was dead and I'm here now and that's all that matters. I think the naysayer needs to go home and the other needs to go home for her own protection." Monse said and I was glad to know she was worried about me but I could handle myself.

"Monse, as much as I appreciate you looking our for me. I'm a big girl and I can handle myself." I said to her and that gave her the signal to back down.

"I am not a naysayer. And why do I need to go home?" Ruby asked and I wasn't sure I wanted the answer to that.

"RollerWorld." Monse said and of course it was.

"I'm out of here." Ruby said as he went to walk away.

"I am as well." I said as I went to join him.

"RollerWorld is real!" Jamal shouted making the both of us stop and turn around.

"So were the chupacabra bones you found in sixth grade." Ruby said back to him and I saw the look on Monse's face.

"It's the only way to save Cesar and Y/n." Monse said and the way to save us, was by letting us run if we needed to.

"Save Cesar and Y/n?" Ruby asked and I knew what she was going to say next and I'd rather she didn't.

"Before he's forced to kill Latrelle. And before anything happens with Y/n." Monse said as she came over. I was going to be caught in the backfire of all of this.

"Per usual, you're overreacting." Ruby said before going to walk away.

"She's not this time Ruby." I said to him and that's when he stopped again. I needed to save myself more than anything now. And if I could, save my brother.

"He's got a gun. And he has to do it tonight unless he disappears, you need to as well." Monse said and I was hoping I could disappear. Catch the next bus out of town.

"This is crazy. If he's got a gun, then why don't we help him now? Why can't they disappear now?" Ruby asked and I looked at them all.

"To where?" Monse asked and I looked at her.

"Anywhere." I said to her, I'd happily take a bus to Mexico if it meant I'd be safe there.

"That's not a plan. This is the plan. The guy who jacked RollerWorld left this behind." Monse said to us and I looked at her.

"Whilst you guys figure that out. I'm going to be with my brother. Call me when you can get Cesar and I on a bus." I said to them before walking away.

"Please stay safe." Monse said to me and I looked at her and smiled.

"I always do." I said before I went away. When I got home I saw Cesar. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked him and he looked at me. He was stressed and I could tell.

"I keep thinking, what if I go through with this. I lose everything about myself." He said to me and I sat next to him on his bed. That would happen no matter what.

"Listen, no matter what happens you either lose yourself or I lose you." I said to him and that's when he looked at me. He knew that he had a decision to make.

"It's the same for you as well." He said to me, it was only getting later from here.

"Whatever you do, know I've got your back. Your my brother and we look out for each other." I said to him. Soon it was dark out. It wasn't long until he left and there was a knock on the door.

"Y/n, is Cesar here?" She asked me and I looked at her. I didn't know what to say to her exactly.

"He went out with Oscar. Is everything okay?" I asked her, I knew that it wasn't. Why did I even ask that.

"It's just that I've been trying to get in contact with him all day. He's not answered any of my calls or texts." She said to me and I could read her expression. It was a look of worry.

"He left his phone here. Typically Cesar. If you have a message for him I can pass it along to him." I said to her and she nodded at me.

"Can you just tell him to get back to me." She said to me and I nodded at her.

"Of course, don't worry about it." I said to her and she hugged me before she left. Once the door was closed I saw Oscar walk out one of the rooms behind me. Making me jump.

"Who was that!" He asked me and I walked over to him.

"Only Olivia, she's been trying to get in contact with Cesar all day." I said to him and the two of us went to sit down at the kitchen table.

"And she's getting no luck. It's probably for the best as well." He said to me and I looked at him. It probably was.

"It probably is." I said to him and he looked at me.

"Mana, no matter what happens. If anyone comes after you, you know I'll protect you from them." He said to me, and in that time. That was all I needed to know. Especially since, I could've been on a bus. Going out of this town. To somewhere safer.